Nuneaton Trent Valley Track plan circa 1990

Foden

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a long shot, but would anyone have, or know of anywhere one could acquire a track plan of the Nuneaton Trent Valley dated around the early 90s?

Or rather the period of time between the yard to the NE of the station by Weddington road being rationalised to just a couple of parallel sidings, and the construction of the new platforms for the Birmingham - Peterborough line (I believe this might be mid 80s - 2004 time period)

The station was a spotting favourite of mine during this era. Plenty of variety of WCML electrics with 86/87/90s some stopping, some passing at speed, the odd HST, and the Birmingham - Peterborough / Coventry - Leicester lines at the time had all manner of different 2nd generation (and even a few 1st gen)  DMUs turning up, aswell as a good selection of freight.

Google maps shows the station as it is today quite different to how I used to remember it, but the straight line run, and conveniently placed bridges at either end being the A444 road bridge, and the old freight avoiding line bridge (which was then an older disused structure) offer conveniently placed scenic breaks for a potential layout that I'd like to work the idea of.

Failing that I'll try and piece together the plan from old footage and photos, but if you don't ask....!

Nuneatontv.jpg

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious and you've already done this, but have you tried Google Earth historical (the stand-alone app; I don't know the browser based version). It has a 1999 dated image that seems to show what you describe, if I understand the area (quite likely I don't, living in NZ). Zooming in may help.

image.png

Edited by enz
Image from Google Earth

• RMweb Premium

Thanks guys, both replies really useful!

Rather embarrassingly, I'd never even knew there was such an option on the google earth app!

I can see myself losing hours to that app now! :D