U class to visit Welshpool

Hobby

If you look at the WLLR website you will see they are hoping to get an Austrian U Class for a couple of years. Hopefully arriving by the Gala Weekend.

(Sorry no link as I am on my phone!)

• 3 weeks later...

It arrived yesterday:

89s8lml.jpg

t8r69Bh.jpg

Just to prove that the Lilliput mode's removable chimney is prototypical!

gAwqJnh.jpg

VBSky0V.jpg

pDa71Qc.jpg

SmcgjS8.jpg

They were lubricating it when I was there and then shunted it into the bay. At some point it's being moved to Llanfair where it'll get checked out (boiler thickness, etc.,) to ensure it's safe to use. It's not guaranteed it'll be running at the Gala but they are hoping so.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

And in more typically Welsh weather, four snaps from Llanfair Caereinion. There had been heavy rain in the early-mid morning, when we'd got to LC it had (more or less) stopped raining, so I tried some arty ones including reflections in the puddles. 

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

We went on one of the Mince Pie Specials at the end of December which, due to a fault with Countess (no, it was not me that sabotaged it!) Zillertal was allocated instead. So we had a trip in the MAV coach (wheelchair accessible now so Jennie came along) with three Austrian 4 wheelers on the back. Unfortunately my photos didn't come out (in fact they've disappeared) so after yesterdays trip to Ilton I picked up 3 Ziller coaches and made up the same train in HOe! Here it is on Ostrovia!

Htks79I.jpg

MTPykgX.jpg

• Like 4