TMC Limited Class 40

steve1023

See our class 40's here:

32-482Z Bachmann OO/HO Scale Class 40 No. 233 'Empress of England' BR Blue Indicator Discs TMC Limited Edition

32-482ZSF Bachmann OO/HO Scale Class 40 No. 233 'Empress of England' BR Blue Indicator Discs DCC Sound Fitted TMC Limited Edition

We'll be doing a 'proper' press release for this model soon, it is going to be released with and without sound. We've had this on order with Bachmann for quite some time, meaning it will be with us a lot sooner than if we'd announced it from the outset! We're expecting it mid 2020. Our brand new website doesn't take money up front, you still have to put your card details in to secure the order, but we won't take the payment. Full pre-order policy here: Pre-Order Policy.

We're also doing a Heljan Class 25 in two tone green. It's quite a special model as it survived well into the mid 1970's; meaning it actually received a tops number in two tone green! See full description on our website

Edited by tmc

• 1 month later...
On 07/08/2019 at 06:38, Phil Bullock said:

233 - wibble wibble - perfect for Royal train duties when Her Madge comes to visit.....

Phil

I was thinking about this, and it’s a shame they didn’t do a two loco royal train pack with 216 as per the Caernarvon visit. I reckon it would have been popular.

in terms of regional editions, I think they absolutely should.  The disc headcode moulding hasn’t been used much for B.R. blue era 40s and there is so much potential, eg 40106, 40057 in railtour livery, weathered 40025 as per Plymouth run, flush nose 40044, etc etc

Edited by aureol40012
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

I was thinking about this, and it’s a shame they didn’t do a two loco royal train pack with 216 as per the Caernarvon visit. I reckon it would have been popular.

in terms of regional editions, I think they absolutely should.  The disc headcode moulding hasn’t been used much for B.R. blue era 40s and there is so much potential, eg 40106, 40057 in railtour livery, weathered 40025 as per Plymouth run, flush nose 40044, etc etc

40057 on rail tour? AARGH! The East Anglian - we spent all day freezing whilst thinking up new meanings for the F&W in F&W railtours who were the organisers! Feeze and wait was the polite version....but hardly their fault of course - booked boiler fitted loco was trapped by frozen points at Bescot so Saltley rustled up NB 40057 for us instead....so needs to come with coach loads of blue punters and coaches with ice on inside of window to be prototypical...hee hee

We did get a free re-run with 40006 which did actually make it to Lowestoft...

You are right about few banger blue disc locos - we created 308 from the original tooling

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 08/09/2019 at 11:07, Phil Bullock said:

40057 on rail tour? AARGH! The East Anglian - we spent all day freezing whilst thinking up new meanings for the F&W in F&W railtours who were the organisers! Feeze and wait was the polite version....but hardly their fault of course - booked boiler fitted loco was trapped by frozen points at Bescot so Saltley rustled up NB 40057 for us instead....so needs to come with coach loads of blue punters and coaches with ice on inside of window to be prototypical...hee hee

We did get a free re-run with 40006 which did actually make it to Lowestoft...

You are right about few banger blue disc locos - we created 308 from the original tooling

Phil

I’ve just commissioned my own railtour liveried 40057, in accurate shiny finish too!

03492DF1-75B0-42B5-AE0E-050C655BC859.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 21/02/2020 at 16:53, stovepipe said:

Are there any updates on the LE Class 40 from the TMC guys at the Scotland show?

Website is saying 18 March, but I guess that may be a tad optimistic...

Just had email asking for payment so must be imminent ...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Just had email asking for payment so must be imminent ...

Same here, kerching!  Very much looking forward to this beast!  Can completely justifiably employ the ex-works sixteen-wheeler on Merseyside - Central Lowlands cartrains, Autumn '68-style!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Do they ship Bachmann products together? Just wondering if it’s likely the Bachmann 117 will be on the same boat!

Hmmm.... at 133 tons those 16 wheelers are pretty heavy, wouldnt want the ship overloaded.....!!!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

Do they ship Bachmann products together? Just wondering if it’s likely the Bachmann 117 will be on the same boat!

I expect each product is sent in its own individual container on completely separate boats, to protect against piracy on the high seas. ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

I expect each product is sent in its own individual container on completely separate boats, to protect against piracy on the high seas. ;)

Well I guess that if Somali pirates have heard the the Empress of England is on board ship they may be tempted to go for kidnap and ransom.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, LNERGE said:

I’m looking forward to getting my hands on one of these. Hopefully not long now?

My sound version arrived this morning..quick try out and all seemed well. Very happy.

• Like 2