Launceston Branch: Rails Across the Moor

Brinkly

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Monsewer, I take it that you won't be applying for the vacancy in Lundun?

Wouldn't that invoke Catch 22? Nobody who wants the job could possibly be a suitable candidate.

• Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Maybe we should apply that to MPs. Anyone who wants to be one should be automatically disqualified from becoming one.

Regards Lez.  

I've often thought exactly that.  Or that it should be a sort of longer term jury service.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Tim. I have a few 'spare' bodies, which I picked up on eBay a few years ago for the princely sum of £4 a pop... not to mention the similarly priced 64xx bodies, which are also lurking in the maturing box! 

Having looked around in a cupboard yesterday, I discovered a High Level Pannier (57xx) unbuilt chassis kit and one for a 64xx - I think I bought them before the first lockdown... 

Best wishes,

Nick.

• Like 5

Of all the Panniers shown herein, rarely are the early variety featured; 19xx, etc or the saddle tank conversions.  Possibly too early for those with date specific layouts but would add to the motive power variety.

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Brian,

They are lovely. I am tempted with some wartime era stock, but that is very much a long way off.

I plan to have a fluid 1955-1960/1 timeframe for the layout. By late 1957 most of the lovely old auto trailers had gone from Laira, which is one of the reasons I want to model this mid-50s period as I can run No. 51 (diagram ‘P’ auto trailer) and 157 (A26) coupled to 14xx and 64xx class locomotives. 

The older 6-wheeled siphons were also still in operation on the branch in and around 1955/6 and these coupled behind 45/4575 class locos look particularly charming… 

All the best,

Nick.

• Like 4