Lima non-aircon Mk2 flush glazing?

Well, I've got a scalpel with some replacement blades at home, so hopefully that should work. One thing I do need, however, is a steel ruler. But if that doesn't work, I'm sure I could borrow some scissors.

Edited by LU_fan

• 2 weeks later...

First two coaches, along with two Lima Class 20's, have now been fitted. I gotta say, the 20's were surprisingly easy to fit, and the results very pleasing. The coaches required a bit more work and the glazing isn't 100% flush, but it's a huge improvement.

1 hour ago, LU_fan said:

First two coaches, along with two Lima Class 20's, have now been fitted. I gotta say, the 20's were surprisingly easy to fit, and the results very pleasing. The coaches required a bit more work and the glazing isn't 100% flush, but it's a huge improvement.

Any photos please?

On 13/08/2019 at 18:46, LU_fan said:

... The coaches required a bit more work and the glazing isn't 100% flush, but it's a huge improvement.

Based on your comment and the photos in the later posting, I'm guessing that you didn't do any 'enlarging' of the Lima window openings? I've always (well, 80% of the time ...) found this to be necessary to get the SE Finecast windows to sit flush with the outside of the body.

Nonetheless, your results are a vast improvement on the standard Lima 'recessed' moulding.

• Agree 1

Well, I did do a bit of filing in all the openings to make it easier to install the windows without having to force them in. But not any real enlargements as such, just a little "slope" on all four sides. I'm still very pleased with the results however, and I'm glad I purchased two spare kits for future use. Now I've just got to get the Close Coupling Units installed, but that's another matter.