Simplified/Inspierd by Kyle of Lochalsh OO Layout.

BoltblasterM1910

After months of  deliberating and coming up with various track plans to fit in an 11'1"x 9'9"room, leaving room for the door to open and to fit other gear under the layout I've come up with this design using Anyrail, free version CAD software,

While the plan is plotted using code 100 PECO, it will be build using code 75.  I used code 100 to allow me to set the minimum radius to setrack R4 curves.

I've based the design loosely on the Kyle of Lochalsh  Station and engine shed.  Its been simplified and compressed with the engine shed  on a separate board.

This seems the best solution I could come up with given the size of the room available.

Fiddleyard will be a 4 track traverser with a Turntable at the far end.  4 coach trains with full-size Tender locos will fit. I know the train lengths are a bit short but I just can't extend the FY to the doorway and gain an extra 2'9" which would be nice!

Criticism and advice welcome. I hope it will have good operational potential, I think it probably will. Could it benefit from a Kick back siding/s ?

REVISED -Kyle of Lochalsh  inspired layout.jpg

• Like 4

"Could the f/yard turntable be an add-on with door open when operating? This would gain an extra coach length on traverser. 

Agree

Thanks

Informative/Useful

Craftsmanship/clever

Funny

Friendly/supportive"

Yes, that could be possible, I would have to re-swing the door to open the other way or better still put a sliding door in. I have thought about doing that when I was planning a continuous run layout.