Wizard Models.

Free At Last

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Reminds me, been waiting for an order since December.  Asked a while ago, waiting for etchers.

Is it still same case, or just mislayed.

Not being pushy, just wondering.

GWR Sunshine BTK and a pile of bits.

• RMweb Gold
On 16/01/2021 at 02:18, The Johnster said:

It's amazing how much stuff is apparently unaffected by the pandemic, and not really surprising that after nearly a year since serious problems in China and 10 months since the the first restrictions here, some things are becoming a bit flaky! 

Wizard took money from my a/c for an order on 11th January so presumably it is on it's way, but the post is in disarray.  Cardiff seems not too bad but other parts of the country are not doing as well.  Got a package from Perth, the one in Oz not the one in Scotland, within 8 days earlier this week, so some stuff is doing well; it's a bit hit and miss though.

The order has arrived, some two weeks ago now; remiss of me not to update here!

• RMweb Premium

It has arrived, buffers and bits for my Mousa based 1953 Ts and a Sunshine BTK.

All because I wanted something to run with my Dapol 22 and my Bachmann small prairie.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Ordered on Sunday. E-mail on Bank Holiday Monday saying order was being processed. Arrived today (Wednesday). Excellent service beyond the call of duty.

Re previous comments about wheels, everyone is struggling. The EMGS is very short of supplies. The various manufacturers simply cannot keep up at the moment.

Jonathan

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

The common denomination here, is that smaller suppliers need re-orders, and continuous new orders, to keep the business turnover (s ) working. The inability to get enough stock to satisfy demand is the major problem that faces every SME business, not just model railways. Delays in the supply chain eats into the working capital, and when deliveries finally arrive, they're going like the clappers to catch up. 

People like Gibsons, 24/7 and Wizard have a hot-shot service reputation by & large. Service by return of post is commonplace. After all, they want our business! Not being able to fulfil an order must be like torture. 

"The customers money is here, where's the stock?  Bu66er!" They certainly have my sympathies.

Cheers,

Ian. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BR traction instructor said:

My experience with Wizard is that anything that I order arrives quickly/correctly and is of good quality…this certainly encourages me to place more orders with them.

BeRTIe

Likewise except Markits stuff. Absolutely not Andrew's fault - the backorder parts were from May and July 2022 😈 

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I received a back order of Markits wheels today and when I checked the site a lot are back in stock. 

Obviously I have no idea about stock levels but if you need Markits wheels...

Me too, out of Andrew's control but he clearly has a good system for tracking these things.🙏

• Agree 1