Wizard Models.

Free At Last

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Andrew has just sent a parcel to me (received yesterday). Great Service as usual. Wish some others were as good with customer service!

Baz

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• 6 months later...

A "ditto" to all the above positive feedback (I'm a first time customer incidentally).

Placed an order for a new project on Tuesday AM.  The correctly picked, well wrapped little parcel was on my doormat today.

The components I purchased were Comet and Mainly Trains branded (ie. produced in house) and look to me to be great quality.

I am pretty sure repeat orders will follow from me, now I've discovered these guys..!

Likewise, I would like to record my own praise of Andrew and an appreciative thanks for the service he provides us.

I have used Wizard Models over the years for both my personal modeling requirements as well as bulk purchases of castings and etches to supply NBRSG resin wagon kits and have not once been let down.

Despite the size of the range, I remain amazed at his ability to usually supply direct from stock held.

While I understand his reasons for withdrawing from the exhibition scene*, I for one will miss a good rummage through his stand. Inevitably I would always come away with additional purchases than intended.... 

*I believe he may still attend a couple of scale shows each year, when they restart again.

I also would like to heap some praise on Andrew. Any orders have always arrived quickly. The way that he took over the Comet brand with minimal fuss and disruption was very impressive and something that other suppliers could learn from.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've been waiting for a Comet E147 and a few bits 'n bobs for a couple of weeks, but considering the overload at the post office I'm not worried yet.  Order is recieved,  and we are 'awaiting etches'; the only thing that's holding anything up is droplight frames for my Westdale E121.  I'm confident when dealing with Wizard, having had perfectly good service from them in the past, and I spoke to Andrew on the phone last week about the droplights, which engendered an email correspondance, so I can confirm he was alive and well enought to operate a keyboard at the beginning of this week.  The guy's entitled to an xmas break!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Thumbs up from me. Despite the new year, the crisis, and the Danish postal service (now mainly owned by the Swedes, oh the horror!), Wizard managed to get me the goodies across the North Sea within a very reasonable timeframe, which can only mean it was dispatched quickly. Not the first time either. This is how to run a business.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately, I have not had the same experience of late.

I have placed 4 £100+ orders since late summer and not one has been fulfilled (Note: Wizard has not taken any money for any unfulfilled orders).  Mostly requesting the same items, but with subtle differences. The last order I placed was on the 30th Dec so it might be a little while yet before he can process it. I note he has yet to take the £150 which tells me its not ready for posting. Wizard never take the money until they are ready to dispatch, which again is great service.

Last year he was suffering with back order issues from Markits and this is still probably the case as some of the items I have ordered are either wheels or the kits require their parts to complete.

Usually, I get superb service from Wizard, so I am not whinging, just pointing out that when ordering a large number of items, it is possible delays are caused by the manufacturer/part supplier, not Wizard or the postal service

Edit: Andrew from Wizard has just advised me that yet again, its a couple of wheels from Markits holding up my order. Easily fixed as i will use Alan Gibson wheels instead!! He has everything else and will be finalizing my order shortly! Wonderful news!!!

Ian

Edited by ianLMS

Ian

I am waiting for a small order place a week or so ago, not an issue but I think the post is a lot slower since the seasonal staff left

However for large orders they may be waiting for some items either to arrive or to be packed prior to dispatching the them, unlike larger companies who can absorb a bit of extra postage sending an order in 2 or 3 separate packages does affect the bottom line profits. As you say back orders from subcontractors can cause issues

• RMweb Premium
On 07/01/2021 at 14:21, ianLMS said:

Usually, I get superb service from Wizard, so I am not whinging, just pointing out that when ordering a large number of items, it is possible delays are caused by the manufacturer/part supplier, not Wizard or the postal service

Ian

It must be really frustrating for Andrew too, as a delayed sale = delayed profit.

• Agree 3

I am waiting on some 00 wagon wheels.  I talked to Andrew about a month ago (they are still showing as out of stock) and the required items have been on back order since early June.  Not his fault and as another poster has said it must be frustrating because it is a lost sale.  Don't know where these particular items are coming from but it is amazing just what is not available or in short supply as a result of the COVID supply chain disruption.

• RMweb Gold

It's amazing how much stuff is apparently unaffected by the pandemic, and not really surprising that after nearly a year since serious problems in China and 10 months since the the first restrictions here, some things are becoming a bit flaky! 

Wizard took money from my a/c for an order on 11th January so presumably it is on it's way, but the post is in disarray.  Cardiff seems not too bad but other parts of the country are not doing as well.  Got a package from Perth, the one in Oz not the one in Scotland, within 8 days earlier this week, so some stuff is doing well; it's a bit hit and miss though.

• RMweb Premium

I do agree. Some deliveries are decidedly flaky but I ordered some bearings from Andrew and received them in France (with the issues of post B importation) within a week.  I really cannot fault that level of service from Andrew and the postal services.  

• Agree 1