Model railway clubs in norfolk

Just to add to my post above, there are no model railway clubs in the Cromer area, the nearest are in the Norwich area. However there is a good model railway shop in Cromer, Model Scenic Supplies at Northrepps and for RTR Bure Valley Models at Aylsham which seam to match Hattons  for price. I retired to Norfolk from Essex, and through a friend who also retired to Cromer from Essex, we both have ended up working on the model railway at Holt and building layouts at home, rather than join a club. My layout at home is due to appear in Model Rail September issue.

Paul

Edited by PaulG
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, James Eggleton-Akers said:

Hi all,

I'm going to be moving to north 

Norfolk later this year, near to the cromer area. Does anyone know of any model railway clubs in north norfolk which are looking for new members?

Many thanks in advance

Hi James,

I've been pointed in the direction of the Broadland Model Railway Club, only yesterday. Having lived in the Belper / Ripley area for 18 years. What's your mode of transport? Sadly North Norfolk can be a little unforgiven with public transport. I do echo what @PaulG said, check-out what is at Holt station. 

• Like 1

The Broadband Model Railway Club and 32A Model Railway Club both have club rooms in the village of Catfield near Potter Higham and understand either end of the same building.

Paul

• Like 1