V2 UPGRADE

paul 27

Unless I'm very much mistaken this IS one of the old ones.

The new V2's have not been released yet. They will be:

Bachmann Branchline 35-200 Class V2 2-6-2 4791 in LNER green

Bachmann Branchline 35-201 Class V2 2-6-2 60845 in BR lined black with early emblem

Bachmann Branchline 35-202 Class V2 2-6-2 60847 "St Peters School" in BR green with late crest.

At the moment they still seem to be a long way from release.

Hope that clears things up.

Luke

The latest incarnation of the V2 has the new chassis with old body.  It has been a few years since I looked at the V2 chassis replacement for the split chassis. From memory I think it fits, but with some cutting away or adjustment under the cab somewhere, can not remember.  I bought a new chassis V2 to replace the split chassis. My 'bag of nails' split chassis is running okay at the moment, so the new chassis is not needed yet.  It may also need a different size fixing screw, as I replaced the V1/V3 tank engine chassis with a new one and that is all it needed.  I will check later and get back to you unless someone else replies first.

I have ordered the new model with complete new tooled body, so will have 3 incarnations of the V2.

Hope this of help

Mark

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, paul 27 said:

31 - 565  V2 with revised chassis, using the old body tooling are these inter changeable with the ones from the old models.

I believe what you are asking is can you take a V2 body that originally came on a  split chassis mechanism, and fit it on the conventional mechanism introduced a few years ago?

As above the answer is yes, but you have to modify the old body to secure it to the new mechanism. This is not difficult as comparison of the bodies from the underside will reveal the changes required:

To the locator at the front, just a little plastic to cut away from the old body.

Under the cab take off the centre boss and the bar just behind it and smooth off. Drill small pilot holes for self tappers using the new mechanism as a template for positioning, and secure.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...