Tropical Thomas

Whilst browsing the selection of quality periodicals at my local r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ WHSmith, I spotted this and thought it would be perfect as the basis for a holiday themed cakebox.

IMG_20190802_200253191.jpg.30d4728d3210dcccfd4e6740e83d18c4.jpg

Initially I'd hoped to just be able to stick the supplied finescale track to a board, add some jungle foilage and be done.

Unfortunately it turns out that the completed circle is actually just over 8", so I now face a dilemma.

Do I...

A) scratch-build a track to a suitable diameter (bearing in mind the whole concept of scale appears completely alien to the toy maker).

Or B) Wing it and throw myself on the mercy of the judging public? This is after-all just a bit of fun.

I'm invested in the project to the tune of £6.99, so I don't really want to just ditch it.

Your collective input is welcomed! 

Edited by Cornholio
typo's
  • Like 2

Go for it Cornholio! A ‘Holiday’ CakeBox made from a ‘Holiday’ toy - ticks all the boxes for me! :good_mini: And you don’t have to worry about scale! Have you seen Phillipe Denys Massey’s ‘Monjouet’ Layout? Packed full of children’s toy figures and buildings!

https://youtu.be/c4uKSof0o-0

Edited by Marly51
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1