Minerva Announcements at Guildex

81A Oldoak

Minerva Model Railways will make some major announcements at Guildex Telford on 31st August 2019. Prototypes will be on display so come and see us on Stand 104 in the big hall. We will also have the full range of Minerva goodies to tempt you as well as our customary good humour.

Chris B and Chris K

Minerva Manning Wardle K 130319_027.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Given the thrills & spills experienced by some other Gauge 0 RTR would-be producers, it is good to be able to rely on Minerva to announce new products and a few months later to distribute them to delighted (or patient) customers. No crowdfunding nonsense! They know what they are doing. Only a few weeks to wait and find out what the news is. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

It was only this morning I'd looked at the Minerva sub-forum and thought 'it must be time for another announcement soon'.

The Manning Wardle wasn't my thing but it's great to see you developing more and actively looking to expand the range.

• RMweb Premium

The announcement of a J94 would be......

Anyway, here's hoping to see the Class 14! (Although I won't be there, so fingers crossed someone takes some pretty pictures)

• Like 2

On 07/08/2019 at 06:21, Mic said:

The announcement of a J94 would be......

Anyway, here's hoping to see the Class 14! (Although I won't be there, so fingers crossed someone takes some pretty pictures)

On 08/08/2019 at 08:29, mervyn said:

Looking forward to hearing the announcement ,always something good from Minerva ,and dont have to wait years for it to appear !!!

48 minutes ago, Jack said:

Based on recent threads my guess is a set of 7mm Peppa Pig figures ;)

Come on, it has to be the APT, failed in N, failed in OO so third time lucky in O.

• Funny 2

• 81A Oldoak changed the title to Minerva Announcements at Guildex
22 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Come on, it has to be the APT, failed in N, failed in OO so third time lucky in O.

Nah, as a valued Customer (one much-loved Pannier Tank) I'm sure they'll have listened to a suggestion I've already made, and will enter the 1:48th Scale market...

One of these wee beasties :-

1138868884_MNNRCF71.jpeg.e8c98540d6f9f4018815f6c67ef2e374.jpeg

:) :) :)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I am very much looking forward to tomorrow’s announcement. Something small but perfectly formed to follow up the delightful Manning Wardle K class would be wonderful, but I have no doubt that whatever is announced will be very nice indeed! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Great announcement.

I will be heading off to the show in the morning. Be interesting to see the prototype, if it is on display.

The first white metal kit I ever built in OO some 40 years ago now was one of these.

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Premium

A GWR pannier tank would normally be of no interest to me, but a 97xx opens up new possibilities, as there were denizens of the Met. Widened Lines. So a cameo layout of the GWR Smithfield Goods Depot would be an interesting possibility, with lots of Dapol Meat vans!

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Dava said:

A GWR pannier tank would normally be of no interest to me, but a 97xx opens up new possibilities, as there were denizens of the Met. Widened Lines. So a cameo layout of the GWR Smithfield Goods Depot would be an interesting possibility, with lots of Dapol Meat vans!

I like this idea. As a kid I was fascinated by a model of the underground built beneath someones floorboards (it may have been in April’s Railway Modeller with hindsight). This may be one way to squeeze O gauge into my small house!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, friscopete said:

A:lol:n N gauge CF7 would probably sell  very well  as might a Genset :)

What on earth are those? Minerva do o gauge only anyway...

10 minutes ago, Dava said:

What on earth are those? Minerva do o gauge only anyway...

I know .i cant imagine what sad clown put this post up considering the smiley emoticons.The only thing i can can guess is it might be about the photo of one posted by some lad or indeed ladette called Funitmad ...as if .

To be fair, I had a bit of good-natured banter with The Two Chris's about this today at Guildex - whilst filling in my pre-order for their Class 14 Teddy Bear, so as to stay in their good books!!

They did threaten to produce just one model CF7, that I then would be obliged to buy, regardless of price.... :scared: ;)

• Funny 2

4 hours ago, Welsh Signaller said:

I was under the impression the condensing tank was more a add on kit to a chassis, than a full fat RTR version? 

It is a multi-media kit comprising resin, brass and white metal parts designed to replace the complete superstructure forward of there cab on the 8750 version. The donor model will supply some of the parts such as chimney, dome and safety-valve bonnet. The model on display was the first prototype and several parts require adjustment. A full-blown RTR 97XX is not commercially viable, but we think this provides a cost-effective blend between a proven chassis and some craft work. Further details to follow as development progresses.

Regards,

Chris K

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 6