Lego RhB garden railway.

Believe it or not there are gauge wars in Lego too! Standard Lego sets have trains 6 studs wide. Most people building more accurate trains use 8 studs wide (some U.K. builders use 7 as our trains are a bit smaller and some US modellers go for 10) I worked out that if you base the scale on the standard track gauge, Swiss metre gauge models should be about 14 studs wide. Those models look to be 8 wide (plus a few extras on the side)

Please don’t get me wrong. I think both the individual models and the whole railway are amazing and also that building in a larger scale takes twice the work (and Lego)

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 07/08/2019 at 11:09, PaulRhB said:

:laughclear: Cor Lego has rivet counters too 

Stud counters. A scale of 1 stud/ft isn't far out for standard gauge prototype with the standard Lego track gauge but the snag is the Lego wheels are then a bit on the small side. As a one-stud Lego brick is 5/16 in wide, models come out a bit over O Gauge size.

Lego train builders are also adept at the use of SNOT.

• RMweb Premium

That's not a garden, that's a field; I started to think it would be great to have that much space, then I remembered I'm struggling to look after what I've got now. Mind you I might be more interested in it if it had a railway running in it.