4mm scale bus modelling

whart57

This seems like the best place on here to ask the question

As a change of tack from railway modelling I've started repainting and converting 1:76 scale bus models, EFE ones mainly. Does anyone know of an internet group where I might find those with a similar interest?

• RMweb Premium

I'd say have a look on Facebook for model bus groups, there's also the Model Bus Federation, I think they have an advert in one of the model railway magazines this months, and no doubt an online presence. I tend to deal with full size ones not models, so can't say much more than that but the MBF might be a good place to start.

55 minutes ago, whart57 said:

This seems like the best place on here to ask the question

As a change of tack from railway modelling I've started repainting and converting 1:76 scale bus models, EFE ones mainly. Does anyone know of an internet group where I might find those with a similar interest?

On Facebook there is Model Bus and Coach Group and MBF ( Model Bus Federation )

I'd start with Model Bus & Coach on Facebook first. I'm a member of the MBF but must admit I verge on cancelling every year as for me it's just a sparsely used forum and the monthly mag. Perhaps worth checking your local meetings - if you're able to attend those then it is probably better value for money.

Also a member of the MBF, actually the Mid Anglia area branch secretary, and I'll echo whats been said, Model Bus and Coach on FB is a good MBF presence, its open to all though, there is another FB group only open to members but model bus and coach on FB is a great place to start and who knows you might then want to become a member. 

At Mid Anglia we have a fairly active branch with around a dozen core members that attend monthly meetings, which can be all around the area (roughly 30 to 40 miles around Bedford) and which does offer that bit more than the (albeit very good) monthly magazine and forum (which can be quiet at times but has a lot of useful information on it).  We also recently held our annual showcase event which was possibly the best attended ever, so although I'm a bit biased I can recommend MBF membership particularly if you then attend meetings where you can pick up and share ideas and get support.

On 07/08/2019 at 12:21, wamwig said:

Also a member of the MBF, actually the Mid Anglia area branch secretary, and I'll echo whats been said, Model Bus and Coach on FB is a good MBF presence, its open to all though, there is another FB group only open to members but model bus and coach on FB is a great place to start and who knows you might then want to become a member. 

At Mid Anglia we have a fairly active branch with around a dozen core members that attend monthly meetings, which can be all around the area (roughly 30 to 40 miles around Bedford) and which does offer that bit more than the (albeit very good) monthly magazine and forum (which can be quiet at times but has a lot of useful information on it).  We also recently held our annual showcase event which was possibly the best attended ever, so although I'm a bit biased I can recommend MBF membership particularly if you then attend meetings where you can pick up and share ideas and get support.

It's not open to all. It's only open to people who don't mind signing up to Facebook.

Tim

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2019 at 17:14, Hitchin Junction said:

It's not open to all. It's only open to people who don't mind signing up to Facebook.

Tim

Well I gritted my teeth and did that. However I'm a bit confused because there is a closed group (open to non-members it says) which I applied to join two weeks ago, but is still closed to me. Now I know it's holiday season and all that but the other groups I have been in turn things around a lot quicker

7 hours ago, whart57 said:

Well I gritted my teeth and did that. However I'm a bit confused because there is a closed group (open to non-members it says) which I applied to join two weeks ago, but is still closed to me. Now I know it's holiday season and all that but the other groups I have been in turn things around a lot quicker

I will try to speak to an admin for you to see if there is a problem.