Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Bishops Wearburn (was Trying to recall an N gauge layout)

• RMweb Premium

Edit: Anglian solved my puzzle with this post.  Does anyone have photos of Bishops Wearburn as I can't find any online.

I'm trying to recall the name of an N gauge layout that was on the exhibition circuit ten years or more ago.  It was at Warley at least once - I believe that may have been in 2010 when all the 2mm layouts were there for the Association 50th anniversary, but I'm fairly sure this one was N.

The layout in question was a former NER main or secondary line set in the North East in the usual BR transition period, a fictitious location I believe.  It featured a short viaduct over a river or canal in a steep valley at the right hand end with a stone mill next to the water - in fact the name may have been "something Mill" (but possibly not!).  I can't remember the rest of the layout even though I distinctly recall liking it very much (age).

I can't find hide nor hair of it online so I may be confused and deluded, but does anyone have similar and perhaps more complete delusions?

Edited by Flying Pig

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, peterl said:

Simon

Just had a look at the 2010 and 2009 Warley Show Guides and nothing I can fine matches your description. So not much help really.

Peter

Thanks - I've obviously got the year wrong.

• RMweb Premium
On 08/08/2019 at 16:04, D9020 Nimbus said:

Not Mick Simpson's Wansbeck Road (a 2mm scale layout)  http://www.2mm.org.uk/layouts/wansbeckroad/wansbeckroad.htm ?

Nope.  I nearly put "definitely not Fencehouses or Wansbeck Road" in the OP.  Wish I had now! Both excellent latouts but not what I was thinking of (and both 2mm FS not N).

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, carlwooduk said:

Maybe Scarworth Junction - North of England Lines?

I'm pretty sure it's not as that's a layout I've seen quite often and is rather bigger than the one I'm thinking of.

1 hour ago, Anglian said:

Fairly sure I know the layout you are referring to, the name escapes me, will trawl through some magazines as I know I have the article on it somewhere.

Thanks - sounds promising.

The reason I'm trying to find this layout is that if I'm remembering it right it seems to be close to what the OP of New N Gauge Layout in the Layout Planning section is after.

• RMweb Premium
On 13/08/2019 at 08:20, grahame said:

Here's a few pics of Bishops Wearburn (modelled by John Spence IIRC). They are not on-line ones but some that I took many years ago (hence not good quality

Many thanks, Grahame! They give an excellent overview of the layout.