Nagasaki Streetcars/trams

sulzerstuart

Dear Folks,

having been to Japan and found the railways utterly amazing and enthralling I am keen to model the streetcars of Nagasaki but i cannot find ANYWHERE books with technical drawings/diagrams of the cars or anything on the internet... Yes there are lots of photos but i just cannot find any drawings or diagrams to help me model them.  Can anyone help PLEASE! 8)

Thanks

Stuart

N Gauge plastic models available from Tomytec. Check Model Train Plus in Japan. Nairiichi san is very helpful.

Hobby Search are also good but they are closed from 10th August for building maintenance. They will be open later in August.

These are later variants of the Nagasaki tram with air con units.

Edited by Fenway Park
Added extra information
  • Agree 1

On 10/08/2019 at 20:23, sulzerstuart said:

Dear Folks,

having been to Japan and found the railways utterly amazing and enthralling I am keen to model the streetcars of Nagasaki but i cannot find ANYWHERE books with technical drawings/diagrams of the cars or anything on the internet... Yes there are lots of photos but i just cannot find any drawings or diagrams to help me model them.  Can anyone help PLEASE! 8)

Thanks

Stuart

Stuart,

As an aside to your original question, you might find Japan Railway Journal,  a series of on-demand documentaries, of interest.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/

30 mins each or so, there is an American presenter with 2 Japanese co-presenters.  Something of a travelogue (nothing wrong with that of course) but often goes behind the scenes.

There's one on the Osaka tramway for example.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/2049070/

Another on the Japanese railway museum.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/2049054/

Part of NHKworld-Japan that does  various other programs about Japan and Japanese culture (including language lessons!)

Worth a look.

Where did you go in Japan?

• Informative/Useful 1

Hello Everyone.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

I intend, would like, to build gauge 1 models for the garden.  We went to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagasaki and Hiroshima.  I have lots of videos and photos, the videos of which i will get around to editing into one whole film which i will post on my youtube channel.

I do not seek models, i seek plans/drawings ie elevation and end elevations of the streetcars so that i can scale and build a model.

Thanks

Stuart

On 18/08/2019 at 18:59, sulzerstuart said:

I do not seek models, i seek plans/drawings ie elevation and end elevations of the streetcars so that i can scale and build a model.

Gday Stuart,

I'm a member of the Sydney Tramway Museum, one of the cars in our collection is this:

large.IMG_1684.JPG.5f62465d989d56489e65e

It’s one of the cars that was sold to Nagasaki when the Sendai tramway closed. It was subsequently donated to my museum. As far as I’m aware we have a general arrangement drawing for 1054, which I’ll try to find and copy for you. If you need detail photos I can take them as well.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

G'day Stuart,

Our archivist is currently reorganising our document collection, so I can't get access to the GA drawing of our Nagasaki 1050 series car at the moment. In the meantime I've found a scale drawing of the Tosa Electric Railway 1000 series cars, which were very similar to the Nagasaki 2000 series cars and derivatives. 

49087525492_051a7a3449_o_d.jpg

49087525077_5708fc0236_o_d.jpg

All the best,

Mark.

Edited by dullsteamer
  • Like 1

Stuart, the following pic gives some basic dimensions of the cars (2004) pictured at the depot open day.   I also have pics of a lot of the fleet in service, some internals and depot shots if any use.

1635966808_NAGFLEET.jpg.c45679a4304cca8b4384f1ea7fbf825d.jpg

and just for inspiration:

pan1.JPG.fc0dfa81680620a94a83c54e075a7b31.JPG

Cheers

Steve W.

• Like 3