Peco Wheels

Nile

• RMweb Premium

In the current Modeller (September '19) is news that Peco will be introducing metal tyred wheels to their N and 009 models. It also states that OO versions will follow for their Parkside and Ratio kits. Thus they will be producing their own metal tyred wagon wheels in N, OO and O scales.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, Nile said:

In the current Modeller (September '19) is news that Peco will be introducing metal tyred wheels to their N and 009 models. It also states that OO versions will follow for their Parkside and Ratio kits. Thus they will be producing their own metal tyred wagon wheels in N, OO and O scales.

That’s good. I have replaced all the plastic wheels in my Peco 009 models with Bachmann metal N gauge ones. If I recall correctly, only the slate wagons wouldn’t take them. It would be better yet if Peco were to provide all-metal wheels. They run truer than plastic wheels and their weight also produces a flywheel effect, leading to smoother running, although that is probably less evident in N and 009 than in 00.

Hi Nile.  Does the announcement mention the option of purchasing them apart from the rolling stock? 

If they will be available, can anyone recommend a good source for small items like these?  It would have to be a source that ships to California!  Thanks in advance, guys.

22 hours ago, Bob S said:

Hi Nile.  Does the announcement mention the option of purchasing them apart from the rolling stock? 

If they will be available, can anyone recommend a good source for small items like these?  It would have to be a source that ships to California!  Thanks in advance, guys.

You might try Kernow Hobby Centre, I have had excellent service in the past from them. Note my location below.

• RMweb Premium

I’ve had an order in since April for three hole disc wheels which are in their catalogue (R4 I think ) I have been wondering why the delay since they are in most of their Parkside range .

Dennis 

• RMweb Premium
On 12/08/2019 at 01:27, Bob S said:

No, but if enough people ask for them who knows?

Did a little experimenting.  I have some Graham Farish and Bachmann US n-gauge rolling stock.  I tried swapping wheels, found out that some axles on the GF are slightly larger so bind up, and the B-US wheels themselves are slightly smaller in diameter.  Both are 20 years old, so perhaps wear or re-tooling may have occurred.  So, I'll be waiting for the real thing...

• RMweb Premium

Bob, in general US N gauge wheels are smaller than British ones and come on shorter axles. This is mainly down to the scale difference. It makes designing narrow gauge bogies/trucks interesting.

• 2 weeks later...