1/12 scale loco

kevo

Hi  Some time ago i started a project in 1/12 scale  i had knocked up a small loco not really based on any real prototype  . this got put away in a box and forgotten  about  , other projects started mainly back to oo scale  . but the pull back to narrow gauge is never far from my mind . so out of the box  and on the work bench soon got my intertrest  back . now i do get tangled up when it comes to scales etc and probly had things explained to me a few times . so please bare with me . This all kicked off a number of years ago at a local narrow gauge expo  where i saw a 7/8ths scale layout Snipe end farm ? SORRY might have have got that wrong . have ing  built one or two layouts in 135 and 132 and of course GN15.  . ever since then i find my self gearing towards bigger scales gauges combo's but for in door use  and of course micro  type layouts . some how i came across . a loco 1/12  scale by  SI  at Model earth  . i all ready had a pair  of his excellent  7/8th scale figures . so this is what i came up with  . the 1 st pic shows it in rust under coat  . now i have just sprayed a top coat on . power is a 0n30 street trolly  slightly shortened  to fit  . hope you like it   some think a bit different . a small layout is in the pipe line  but not sure what yet 

20190810_171302.jpg

20190812_202148.jpg

20190812_202209.jpg

20190812_202248.jpg

20190812_202435.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry delay  havent been visiting this post for some time . its on Bachmann on30 street tram chassis . this was a dabble in large scale that never got any where i still might get round to building a skip to go with it. i allso built  a second loco 2 go with this one based on a rustron this ran on the same chassis

DSCF1085.JPG

DSCF1089.JPG

• Like 7

Hi John they  do turn up 2nd hand on E Bay  now and then .  Thats where i got mine  on the on30 section . doint think i tried the 7/8ths lounge  ile have a look .