The Tony Hisgett Collection

I am not sure if this collection on Flikr is known to members here, but Tony has extremely generously uploaded a large photographic collection from a deceased friend and placed no restrictions on their use other than to credit him with the ownership of any images used. I hope some of the photos are of interest.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hisgett/albums/72157626617067470?fbclid=IwAR2lLBgMBOvTRy4Zs20LVcdu6Ft67tPQg4aEgI8XLnnCd1V9rxFjga1pPz0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

After I posted the link and went and had a proper browse I realised I have seen a lot of them before, so one must presume others have been circulating Tony's images without crediting him. That's the nature of the internet, I suppose!

52 minutes ago, Martin S-C said:

After I posted the link and went and had a proper browse I realised I have seen a lot of them before, so one must presume others have been circulating Tony's images without crediting him. That's the nature of the internet, I suppose!

I'd say that some of them (e.g. some NER ones and the GER No.1 Class in Johnson form) seem familiar from publications. Some of the GNR Singles pictures I'm sure I've seen published, although some kind soul did send me a bunch of photos of the class a while ago (memory shot, sorry).

Most were new to me, particularly many of the GER ones, including a shot I'd never seen of the 552 Class and loads of mad Sinclair singles.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

A number of the images appear to be the sort of official photos taken for recording purposes (particularly the GER  loco ones). I think I've seen all the Broad Gauge images before, as well as the excellent shot of Willesden Junction. Could they have come from the late J.E. Kite archive?

• RMweb Gold
On 13/08/2019 at 17:52, Edwardian said:

I'd say that some of them (e.g. some NER ones and the GER No.1 Class in Johnson form) seem familiar from publications. Some of the GNR Singles pictures I'm sure I've seen published, although some kind soul did send me a bunch of photos of the class a while ago (memory shot, sorry).

Most were new to me, particularly many of the GER ones, including a shot I'd never seen of the 552 Class and loads of mad Sinclair singles.

I've certainly seen this one in a book (but can't remember which at the moment) and it's definitely not a 901, it's photographed at Scarborough and is an ex YN&BR loco and is in the NERA archive and credited to the 'Valentine Rippon Collection'. 

• Informative/Useful 1

9 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

I've certainly seen this one in a book (but can't remember which at the moment) and it's definitely not a 901, it's photographed at Scarborough and is an ex YN&BR loco and is in the NERA archive and credited to the 'Valentine Rippon Collection'. 

E B Wilson Class 213, it's in Hoole's Illustrated History of NER Locomotives and, I daresay, elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1