Legomanbiffo S-Stock

GEOEng03

I need to email Charlie and ask and will do that, but has anyone else used or have his S-Stock sound chip in a set?  I was looking at the Train-Tech version - as it comes with lights and suspect that Biffs is superior, but would like to get an idea if others have trialled them both.

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=327

Cheers

1 hour ago, GEOEng03 said:

Thanks Charlie,

do you have one of your usual videos - can't see this on YouTube.  Down in Devon, do you have a list of upcoming shows that you are attending

Cheers

Great Electric Trainshow (Milton Keynes) Oct

Warley NEC November

Bristol May Bank Holiday

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GEOEng03 said:

can't see this on YouTube

Here’s a video that somebody recorded from Legomanbiffos stand at the Ally Pally in March. Audio’s not the best due to the background noise but it gives you a good idea of what it’s like.

Edited by bart2day
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi Charlie,

I note that one of the carriages is missing and that between the rear and centre car you have a wire - is this to feed the door open lights that have been installed? Just had another listen and there is little point with the Train tech version, now I have got better headphones in to actually hear it. Bear in mind I have only seen you now do this in the past 48hrs. I'll save my pennies and fit normal coach lights. 

Was it hard to fit the door opening light? I will go search the forum for those or may have tried similar in other locomotives.

Cheers

The video is of a work-in-progress version of my S-Stock sound project which is not quite finished yet. We’re demonstrating it to give people a taste of what it will be like. We’ll do the usual video of our own once it’s ready. There are only three cars to make it quicker and easier to demonstrate on the stand. The inter-car wire is indeed for the door lights, which were installed for us by Richard Croft. The final demo model will have the wire hidden, passing through the corridor connector. Everything was recorded officially, from a real S-Stock train on the main line and at a depot. Hope this helps, Bif

• Like 5

8 hours ago, legomanbiffo said:

The video is of a work-in-progress version of my S-Stock sound project which is not quite finished yet. 

Is the S stock sound chip not ready yet then? I can see it available for purchase on your website so I assumed it was now finished. I’m saving up for it to buy at GETS in October.

Thanks Ian,

Will hang fire on chips, until you have honed them to your usual perfection.  Imagine you can buy a matched pair, like most other multiple units you do.  How do the sugacube speakers compare to other options available - given the openness of the cab.  Is the door light similar to one of the TrainTech kits, or is it a custom built affair?  That would solve a lot of wiring problems using the TT kit, but of course, they come with a premium over homemade kits... Just getting into wiring - got a bit bogged down on Heathcote point indicators instructions, so you can imagine how I'd get on from scratch.

TBH, I was very impressed by the WIP, so it can only get better...

Cheers

PS.

Thanks for the uber quick despatch of the 800 decoders and HP (assume that is what they are at sorting office) - I know you guys (you/Charlie) are very busy.

• Like 1