Ragtag's (Nodding) Donkey Sanctuary

31 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Over on the first page of this thread, interior of an ex-ATN one:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/142370-pace-yourself-photos-of-the-final-pacer-countdown/

Thanks for that, I'd spotted that shot but unfortunately it's not the car I was after. I managed to find the shot I needed after a delve on Flickr however, seating all sorted now :)

Edited by Ragtag
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

they're a mix. The handrails I think are Gibson with some suitable diameter brass wire threaded through - did those years ago and need some more so we'll have to see what's out there nowadays.

The NRN pod is Hurst but has been unavailable for years - I have some Pete Harvey ones for the other units. They're fiddly to fold but do look good.

The seats are intended for model buses and are from Mark Hughes. Theyre not a perfect match but are close enough to the Arriva seating for me. I also have some Merseyrail style ones from the same source.

Hope that helps :)

Stu

• Thanks 1

I’ve just come across this thread. I have a few to do up into Arriva Trains Wales units but everything is currently packed up ready for our relocation to South Wales.

Keep up the inspirational work, Stu

Tim T

All packed up ready to move to Felinfoel

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This looks very interesting.

I'm doing a North-East themed layout but based in the late 1980s (during the transition period from the ubiquitous class 101s to the pacers), so I'm going to copy a few of these ideas for my 142s.  And then on to the 143 I plan to build!

Keep the pics and posts coming - it's very inspirational!

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Did you get any further with this project Stu? I just stumbled back upon the thread while searching Google for images to try and see if any of the original GMPTE orange units had twin-leaf doors fitted!