Sign in to follow this  
Robert Shrives

Ludlow Sat 17th August

Hi 

10.00- 16.00 Saturday 17th  Ludlow Racecourse :

Clive Pavilion, Bromfield Road (A49), Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 2BT

hosted:

Craven Arms and District Model Railway Circle

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/19228-CravenArmsandDistrictModelRailwayCircleLudlowModelRailwayExhibition

15 layouts , traders and demos

Ed Purcell has N layout set in 1950s  and other friends have several N. Also  S scale  makes a showing among "other" scales. And for a laugh and to prove I do make models I have a layout as well and perhaps a surprise or two time travellers on display.  

Thanks to the club for the invite.

Robert

Very best of luck with the show, lovely town to hold it in, as well.

Well that went Well !!  

Busy set up and plenty through the door and just like  real railway a 170 sprinter ,HST and a points failure all added to the fun on Gould st.  Poldeen work perfectly- fitted with Dapol easy shunts so several hours hands free shuffling china clay wagons and ferry wagons along with an inspection saloon and a frequent summer Saturday dmu shuttle! 

Good layouts and traders - plenty of folk from across the area and a good family showing - lots of questions about making a model from new and returning  folk to the hobby, good to engage.   Added bonus was the real railway less than 30 feet from show ground - 66s possibly a 60 but 158 and 175s earning their fuel.

all away by 18.00 I am sure - its a great venue keep and eye out for the next show , club does 2 a year which is  a refreshing upbeat sign for the club.