Ludlow Sat 17th August

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

10.00- 16.00 Saturday 17th  Ludlow Racecourse :

Clive Pavilion, Bromfield Road (A49), Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 2BT

hosted:

Craven Arms and District Model Railway Circle

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/19228-CravenArmsandDistrictModelRailwayCircleLudlowModelRailwayExhibition

15 layouts , traders and demos

Ed Purcell has N layout set in 1950s  and other friends have several N. Also  S scale  makes a showing among "other" scales. And for a laugh and to prove I do make models I have a layout as well and perhaps a surprise or two time travellers on display.  

Thanks to the club for the invite.

Robert

• RMweb Gold

Well that went Well !!  

Busy set up and plenty through the door and just like  real railway a 170 sprinter ,HST and a points failure all added to the fun on Gould st.  Poldeen work perfectly- fitted with Dapol easy shunts so several hours hands free shuffling china clay wagons and ferry wagons along with an inspection saloon and a frequent summer Saturday dmu shuttle! 

Good layouts and traders - plenty of folk from across the area and a good family showing - lots of questions about making a model from new and returning  folk to the hobby, good to engage.   Added bonus was the real railway less than 30 feet from show ground - 66s possibly a 60 but 158 and 175s earning their fuel.

all away by 18.00 I am sure - its a great venue keep and eye out for the next show , club does 2 a year which is  a refreshing upbeat sign for the club.