KR Models announce Nuclear Flask Wagon.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I saw that. It does say it's not a locomotive. Maybe the GBL luggage van hinted at a while ago?

If so I reckon they should have do that in the first place.

Jason

I do hope so, even though I have a Tri-ang one well down the road to Roxeyfication.

However, the header on their webpage contains the following:

"Major new product launch

A new DCC operated wagon coming soon

It will break new ground in railway modelling."

(so not a Giraffe car then:angel:)

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Perhaps a breakdown crane - something simple to begin with! ;)

Or maybe DCC controlled couplings and/or opening doors.

Or something simpler, like moving HO/OO scale people...?

PS: On a more serious note, my gut feeling hasn't been a bad one with KR Models, unlike the other failed company we all know too well. Therefore I look forward to what KR Models can do with their GT3 locomotive and I look forward to the announcement also.

I'd like to wish Keith Revell all the very best!!! I know Keith has taken some serious virtual punches, but I'd like to see his work speak for itself.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

PS: On a more serious note, my gut feeling hasn't been a bad one with KR Models, unlike the other failed company we all know too well. Therefore I look forward to what KR Models can do with their GT3 locomotive and I look forward to the announcement also.

I'd like to wish Keith Revell all the very best!!! I know Keith has taken some serious virtual punches, but I'd like to see his work speak for itself.

Perhaps your guts work better than mine, which have often been wrong in the past. I’m waiting to see what appears. CADS don’t tell us how the model will run and photographs are an unreliable guide to colour shade and sheen. I’d like very much to see an accurate, attractive model which runs well. Turbine sound? Fantastic!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

History has taught us don't leave a vacuum which people can use to batter you.

DJM thought it was great to create froth, what he actually got was 'well why don't you simply deliver on your original promises'.

Keith should understand that he was already feeling some heat for his own foray into model making, to make an announcement of an announcement and then leave it hanging for over two weeks was only going to drive further cynicism.

It's easy to get excited when you think a project is reaching a stage where you can publicise - but make sure you can actually tell people what it is and show something when you do otherwise you just get this.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Or something simpler, like moving HO/OO scale people...?

You were very supportive of DJM on here in the early days. It's very easy to draw parallels, but I'm not sure anyone's gut feel or hindsight is a useful barometer here.

I'm sure many of us would like to see the spoils of Keith's work, it's not hard to see from the feedback he's got that the most important thing he can do to get people on side is to deliver a tangible product, not half announce a successive one.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/08/2019 at 14:30, Dunsignalling said:

"Major new product launch

A new DCC operated wagon coming soon

It will break new ground in railway modelling."

DCC gunpowder van? Press F5 to blow the bloody doors off.

• Like 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

These announcements of announcements make me uneasy.  Why not just focus on delivering the first model, do it well and then move on to the next one.  Accurascale and Revolution have proved the wisdom of this.  Making announcements when you have (as yet) no track record of delivering models is somewhat foolish imho.

Darius

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Why not just focus on delivering the first model, do it well and then move on to the next one. 

Darius

Because cashflow (possibly)

"It will break new ground in railway modelling."

'Rail Wolf' with dcc operated blade?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railroad_plough#/media/File:Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-279-0901-31,_Russland,_Einsatz_des_"Schienenwolf".jpg

Edited by spamcan61

16 hours ago, njee20 said:

You were very supportive of DJM on here in the early days.

Oh yes...because ordering only one model (an N gauge Class 92) which lasted only a few weeks is termed as VERY supportive. THE ONLY REASON I placed a pre-order was becuase at the time the only other alternative was extremely expensive and well out of my budget.

In the early days of DJM, Dave managed to p*ss me off with his usual drama within a span of just 3 months becuase he couldn't accept any constructive feedback.

RevolutioN Trains came along and I was done with DJM for good.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

There is nothing wrong with KR or anyone else letting us know about their future plans, and we should take care not to tar them with another's brush.

Anyone getting into the r-t-r model railway market will need to have a second item (and probably a third) under development almost from the beginning to ensure continuity in the business once the first emerges and (hopefully) sells out quickly.

Equally, there shouldn't be so much on the go that progress on the launch product is impeded, but the need for that item to begin making a return a.s.a.p. should be self-evident to the proprietor (though in the recent case being cited as a possible parallel, that seems not to have been so.) 

What must be avoided to maintain consumer confidence is making over-optimistic predictions on timescales, and that applies just as much to the big boys as the newbies (if not more so).

We have no evidence that KR are likely to fall into that trap, so maybe we should cut him/them a little slack unless presented with indications to the contrary.

John

• Like 4
  • Agree 3