KR Models announce Nuclear Flask Wagon.

Colin_McLeod

24 minutes ago, D9001 said:

Good.

I, for one, hope that he delivers and makes those making snide quips on here share a very large humble pie. 

I too hope that he delivers - but I've not read any 'snide' comments; just cautious comment - quite justified in the light of recent events.

Quite a few overly-optimistic punters stand to lose significant money as a consequence of very similar circumstances.

Let's all hope that history does not repeat itself.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Agree 11

57 minutes ago, D9001 said:

Well, he seems to be making progress, first moulds produced now. 

Genuine question; did DJM get as far as KR have now got with their crowdfunded products? 

I really couldn't say - but I genuinely hope that all goes well and the confidence of crowdfunders is justified.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk

I too have read that KR models hope to have an EP of GT3 at the great eletric trains show. I think he has miss a trick here .Given every thing thats been happing with crowdfunding . He said once production has started the books closed . I Think production is just about to start. So If any one see the EP of GT3 at the Great eletric train show they can not order one. Had he held the book open till say a week after Warley . The delay would have been small and possibly he might have got a lot more orders.

John

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, lofty1966 said:

Common misconception.

Presumed guilty until the accused can prove otherwise!

Perhaps I am a bit behind the times. In this world of trial by social media, getting a few negative comments in, often out of "genuine concern" that somebody who has done nothing wrong might do something wrong is clearly the way forward.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, t-b-g said:

Perhaps I am a bit behind the times. In this world of trial by social media, getting a few negative comments in, often out of "genuine concern" that somebody who has done nothing wrong might do something wrong is clearly the way forward.

It not the media, it's the way the law works.

You get arrested and charged, the burden of proof is on you to prove your innocence.

Trust me.  Been there, done that.

But back to topic on hand, let's hope KR pulls through!

21 hours ago, D9001 said:

Genuine question; did DJM get as far as KR have now got with their crowdfunded products? 

Class 71 was delivered.

19 hours ago, oleander said:

I too have read that KR models hope to have an EP of GT3 at the great eletric trains show. I think he has miss a trick here .Given every thing thats been happing with crowdfunding . He said once production has started the books closed . I Think production is just about to start. So If any one see the EP of GT3 at the Great eletric train show they can not order one. Had he held the book open till say a week after Warley . The delay would have been small and possibly he might have got a lot more orders.

The other side is that if you keep the order book open then you discourage people from taking part in the early part of a crowd-funding project, thus putting any further projects in jeopardy as everybody "waits for the EP samples" to commit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, D9001 said:

Keith Revell says on the GT3 thread that he has a truck full of humble pie ready for certain parties to eat! 

custard or gravy, folks? 

In Keith's defence he does not actually state he has a truck load of humble pie ordered,  just a food truck.  His response is a gesture at the suggestion that humble pie will need to be consumed by the apparent doubters who approached this project with caution asking pertinent mostly unanswered questions.  It is after all their money that may be invested in the project and they quite rightly have the need for their questions to be responded to not largely ignored.   I am pleased though that Keith has shown the courage of his convictions to once again post on the GT3 thread.

Keith has shown a few blocks of metal tooling which is indeed progress.  I do hope that the food ordered is not perishable as a release date is still a long way off as tooling needs to be completed,  then test samples,  then approval given that details are correct or further tooling is needed, then approval for livery, final sign off and then production and distribution.  Has a production slot been already set in stone or a delivery distribution system been contracted?  What will be the final drive solution?  Once more,  lots of questions.    I will set the dinner table for this time next year at the earliest.  There is a big difference between contracting for tooling and producing a locomotive than simple plaster castings and maybe Keith needs to taste some humble pie as well before the project reaches a hopefully successful conclusion next year.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

On 23/08/2019 at 18:39, D9001 said:

We all know the risks of crowdfunding; it’s  a matter of faith. 

Faith is justified - sometimes.

It's actually a matter of whether you gamble with your money - or not.

I don't - but then I built my own GT3; the only gamble that I took was whether my faith in myself as a loco-builder was justified.

I was pretty certain that I knew the answer to that - so my gamble was minimal.

Each to their own - if you can't or won't build locos, your choices re gambling are much fewer.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Faith is justified - sometimes.

It's actually a matter of whether you gamble with your money - or not.

I don't - but then I built my own GT3; the only gamble that I took was whether my faith in myself as a loco-builder was justified.

I was pretty certain that I knew the answer to that - so my gamble was minimal.

Each to their own - if you can't or won't build locos, your choices re gambling are much fewer.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

This reminds me of Ernie Wise saying: “No-one is more humblier than me”.

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

believe he is suggesting you are blowing your own trumpet by boasting you can build locomotives. 

Then he would be wrong - anyone can build locos, if you are prepared to serve the 50+ year apprenticeship that I and many others have undertaken.

I couldn't have built GT3 when I started, but so many people "want it now" and, if it isn't already available RTR, then they must consider the gamble that is crowd-funding.

As I said, faith does not come into it.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 2
  • Agree 8

On 01/09/2019 at 00:48, GWR-fan said:

In Keith's defence he does not actually state he has a truck load of humble pie ordered,  just a food truck.  His response is a gesture at the suggestion that humble pie will need to be consumed by the apparent doubters who approached this project with caution asking pertinent mostly unanswered questions.  It is after all their money that may be invested in the project and they quite rightly have the need for their questions to be responded to not largely ignored.   I am pleased though that Keith has shown the courage of his convictions to once again post on the GT3 thread.

Keith has shown a few blocks of metal tooling which is indeed progress.  I do hope that the food ordered is not perishable as a release date is still a long way off as tooling needs to be completed,  then test samples,  then approval given that details are correct or further tooling is needed, then approval for livery, final sign off and then production and distribution.  Has a production slot been already set in stone or a delivery distribution system been contracted?  What will be the final drive solution?  Once more,  lots of questions.    I will set the dinner table for this time next year at the earliest.  There is a big difference between contracting for tooling and producing a locomotive than simple plaster castings and maybe Keith needs to taste some humble pie as well before the project reaches a hopefully successful conclusion next year.

Mike (Enterprising Western) Said that presumably Keith will have a few dishes of humble pie on offer at October’s Great Electric Train Show. Keith responded by saying that he had ordered a food truck. 

Sorry, I don’t see the problem. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, D9001 said:

.... Keith responded by saying that he had ordered a food truck. ..... 

So that'll be a new model of the Palethorpes sausage van then. Mmmm, snorkers ....

• Like 1