KR Models announce Nuclear Flask Wagon.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

It's not a time frame that I model, but still taking an interest in the current railway I am thoroughly confused as to what exactly is being manufactured. :dontknow:

A bit like KR models who have commissioned the CADs then ?

Naively, I always thought the design process started by selecting an exact prototype based on where it was used and for how long etc so that its desirability can be estimated 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 10/09/2019 at 10:15, 159220 said:

I have looked through the comments on 'The Facebook', I do not have an account - yet you can publicly review: 

16 hours ago: KR Models We are have reached out to DRS for clarification as there's been some conflict with the numbers. We can confirm that it is the IQA wagon and not the well type KUA wagon.

But, 

Lets hope they get the right number on GT3.

• Funny 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

ive just bought one of the HO ltd ed wagons off ebay (as seen on the last page), having a look at the pics if i modify the covers to lose the vented top they wont look far off the older UK spec wagons, that and a bit of fine detailing such as white handrails, yellow lifting lugs and new OHLE flashes etc and i recon i can pass it off for a UK wagon, rule 1 applies of course

• Like 1

On 21/10/2019 at 19:45, big jim said:

ive just bought one of the HO ltd ed wagons off ebay (as seen on the last page), having a look at the pics if i modify the covers to lose the vented top they wont look far off the older UK spec wagons, that and a bit of fine detailing such as white handrails, yellow lifting lugs and new OHLE flashes etc and i recon i can pass it off for a UK wagon, rule 1 applies of course

Sounds good. Very interested to see the results 

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone else received this email?

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is with deep regret that we have to return your full payment as we cannot complete the IQA flask wagon due to some technical issues.  If we fix the issues then we will have it up for sale again.  We hope that you re-order.

Kind Regards

Michael Revell

Research Manager

KR Models

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 19/10/2019 at 21:44, Shoey said:

A couple of videos here. Not mine I may add, just some I have come across whilst browsing through YouTube. Hopefully there will be some light shed upon which wagon(s) will be produced in the not so distant future.

Shed light - surely not a pun!? Clearly the flask(s) in both videos is the KUA MODA 95770/71 and not the IQA to be produced by KR Models. Anyway an academic argument now, as the IQA is cancelled. A bizarre choice and glad it is over. Hopefully someone is encouraged to bring to market the far more geographically spread (and still in use) KUA! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I think credit for pulling the plug if the project is not viable before costs mount up.

However I think it's a little embarrassing when it was this announcement which was the subject of an announcement of an announcement involving a countdown clock and being asked on Facebook 'if we are getting excited yet' so great fanfare now damp squib.

Think I have deja vue!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Bernard Lamb said:

Not "the" customers that only wanted a flask wagon.

However the business has to cover its costs, so ultimately some customers who purchase other products are going to have to pay.

Bernard

Not necessarily.  The payment could come from the owner, or from any retained profit that the company may own.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Bernard Lamb said:

However the business has to cover its costs, so ultimately some customers who purchase other products are going to have to pay.

I agree with Colin on this. Assuming that KRM has more integrity than DJM (and the honesty in the update as well as the prompt refund suggest so), there's no reason to suggest that KRM is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Any business prices in stuff like technical dead ends, cost of credit, late payment, lost bids, wastage and 1001 other things that cost money and have to be paid by someone into their pricing model. So I think it a bit unfair to beat up KRM on that one. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4