KR Models announce Nuclear Flask Wagon.

Colin_McLeod

4 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

Any business prices in stuff like technical dead ends, cost of credit, late payment, lost bids, wastage and 1001 other things that cost money and have to be paid by someone into their pricing model. So I think it a bit unfair to beat up KRM on that one. 

Nobody is beating up KRM over this.

With a company such as Hornby you would be correct.

However the original aim in this case was to produce one model that Keith wanted but was not available.

He decided to produce it himself as a commercial venture.

This is his only known source of revenue.

Where else is the money going to come from other than the punters?

Even if you try to separate the income sources a problem arises with Warley where costs are presumably spread over the two products one of which is now dead.

I have said all along that I do not find the way that Keith goes about his business to be viable in the long term, I see nothing to make me reconsider my position. 

Having some experience of costing projects using overseas sourcing I actually find it quite disturbing.

Bernard

On 30/10/2019 at 22:20, Bernard Lamb said:

Nobody is beating up KRM over this.

With a company such as Hornby you would be correct.

However the original aim in this case was to produce one model that Keith wanted but was not available.

He decided to produce it himself as a commercial venture.

This is his only known source of revenue.

Where else is the money going to come from other than the punters?

Even if you try to separate the income sources a problem arises with Warley where costs are presumably spread over the two products one of which is now dead.

I have said all along that I do not find the way that Keith goes about his business to be viable in the long term, I see nothing to make me reconsider my position. 

Having some experience of costing projects using overseas sourcing I actually find it quite disturbing.

Bernard

Hi Bernard

You quote: This is his only known source of revenue.

If you go on the 3rd page of the GT3 you will see some one posted he worked for a trucking company. I dont know if he still does or not. At the Time GT3 was anounced it would appear he did. That would be his man source of revenue .

Regards
John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, mozzer models said:

For the sake of clarity, while both nuclear flask wagons, our KUA wagon is not the same as the IQA KR models had previously announced. 

Edited by McC