7mm John Summers iron ore hoppers

thanks Paul. extremley useful.

the main SUMMERS lettering is sorted as they are available from Warren

unfortunatley Ive just looked at mine and they are in an envelope, the transfers are a presfix type and they have rubbed off inside the envelope so need to sort some replacements out.

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

"....then 2 yellow dots then the wagon number ...."

Is it a "CC" for commuted charge ?

I can't be more accurate as I'm not too familiar with these beasts.

Brian R

I've just got the BR book on wagon codes and the c inside a C on a yellow ground means 'The wagon owner is a party to the Commuted Annual Payment Scheme in lieu of shunting and siding rent charges'

Every day is a school day!

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

I thought the star branding was only for tank wagons (exclusive of those used for food-grade products); 1 star for unfitted tanks, 2 stars for those with vac brakes and allowed to travel at higher speeds as a result.

David

There was also a 'Five-pointed yellow start on sides of PO wagons meaning: The wagon owner is a party to the Commuted Annual payment in lieu of empty haulage charges'

So looks like these wagons had 'double bubble'!

Andy G

There was also a 'Five-pointed yellow start on sides of PO wagons meaning: The wagon owner is a party to the Commuted Annual payment in lieu of empty haulage charges'

So looks like these wagons had 'double bubble'!

Andy G

Taking out both insurances was normal; having both of these symbols is very common on privately owned wagons.

Paul Bartlett

Archived