Collingwood - A Privatisation Era Southern Region Layout

St. Simon

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

One of the other 3rd rail modellers on here built a substation, but I can't remember which one.

West Sands by GEEP 7.  Try page 20 for a first look, but plenty of discussions earlier. 

Paul.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

One of the other 3rd rail modellers on here built a substation, but I can't remember which one.

27 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

West Sands by GEEP 7.  Try page 20 for a first look, but plenty of discussions earlier. 

Paul.

Hi,

Yes, I have seen that and it looks fantastic, although having looked at the one at Fareham, it looks very much like the Bachmann Scenecraft version:

2020800430_FarehamSubStatiuon.JPG.d7bfdeed68e21af74806cde7178d17d2.JPG

So I might go with modifying one or two of those structures.

Regards,

Simon

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Simon

Buy yourself an Anycubic Photon or similar 3D printer and print your own point motors etc. You can get them sub £200 now. The quality of the prints is almost as good as a shapeways product. I have one and over the summer have for my son and various club members printed in 4 mm scale 200 various types of loco lamps. 150 milk churns, Numerous fence posts, Ships propellors, 20 40ft waste containers, all done with £37 of resin.  Currently with a new bottle of resin I am printing 50 GWR battery boxes and getting ready to print a couple of GWR Manor boilers.  Photo  below is of a boiler for my LNWR shunting engine. These cost about £50 each from shapeways. So 4 of them covers the cost of the printer!

IMG_1332.JPG.c59fb2f65941e313b80aac7c0bde63a5.JPG

• Informative/Useful 1

On 12/09/2020 at 23:16, kipford said:

Simon

Buy yourself an Anycubic Photon or similar 3D printer and print your own point motors etc. You can get them sub £200 now. The quality of the prints is almost as good as a shapeways product. I have one and over the summer have for my son and various club members printed in 4 mm scale 200 various types of loco lamps. 150 milk churns, Numerous fence posts, Ships propellors, 20 40ft waste containers, all done with £37 of resin.  Currently with a new bottle of resin I am printing 50 GWR battery boxes and getting ready to print a couple of GWR Manor boilers.  Photo  below is of a boiler for my LNWR shunting engine. These cost about £50 each from shapeways. So 4 of them covers the cost of the printer!

IMG_1332.JPG.c59fb2f65941e313b80aac7c0bde63a5.JPG

Hi,

That was my intention initially, in fact I almost got to the point of paying for it, but I realised that I don’t have a suitable location in the flat to operate it safely, so I haven’t yet.

I’ve got a couple of quotes from companies, so I’m weighing up the options.

Simon

Hi,

Over the last week or so, I've been trying to build Collingwood's Station Builidngs, however, I remembered why I much prefer kit building, I simply can't cut bare plastic straight or square! Last night I used a template from Scale Model Scenery, along with a square and a steel rule, to cut out the first two windows from the first wall, but they ended up not straight, not square, and nowhere near the size they should be.

So, I'm going to have to try a different approach. Ideally a kit which is close enough to the below so that I can build / modify it would be great:

2116747973_FarehamStation1.JPG.3cecf9a44540830936c3ee8f4786d123.JPG

1032549025_FarehamStation2.JPG.680c727da5de93b98f12b4620389b328.JPG

However, I can't find anything like it from any manufacturers. I don't need all of it, just the main grey building and the first couple of brick buildings would do, however, the only kits for a single story building are all Great Western, Stone. or Wood Cladding. I don't mind if it is plastic or laser cut, just something close would do.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

In better news, the first signals, CD810, CD812 and CD814 have been ordered from Absolute Aspects, but I'm expecting these around Christmas as Matt has quite a work load on! I've also, as mentioned above, got some quotes for 3D Printing all the Lineside details I need, so hopefully that will be here fairly soon! Finally, I have constructed the Cable troughing from Scale Model Scenery, as well as Catch Pits. So far I have installed the Catch Pits, but I'm going to go and get some spray paint today to paint the cable troughing a suitable concrete colour and then install that.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Plenty of people running Photons et al next to an open window!

I'd personally get something from the Elegoo Mars family (I have both); either the bog standard Mars @ £190 or the new Mars 2 Pro at £275.

Happy to run off a few prints for you if that would help; certainly be cheaper than Shapeways!

• Thanks 1

This is just to say you're building my dream layout here - 3rd rail with fully prototypical signalling…!

I'm actually devastated that you've had so much success with JMRI as you expertly documented in the other thread. It confounds me, so I was convinced I'd need to write my own system running on a Raspberry Pi and a network of Arduinos (or Atmel microcontrollers with Arduino firmware) to achieve a layout with working signalling controlled by a route-setting panel. But now I know JMRI is definitely a viable option :D

Edited by BusDriverMan

3 hours ago, BusDriverMan said:

This is just to say you're building my dream layout here - 3rd rail with fully prototypical signalling…!

I'm actually devastated that you've had so much success with JMRI as you expertly documented in the other thread. It confounds me, so I was convinced I'd need to write my own system running on a Raspberry Pi and a network of Arduinos (or Atmel microcontrollers with Arduino firmware) to achieve a layout with working signalling controlled by a route-setting panel. But now I know JMRI is definitely a viable option :D

Hi,

Thank you, nice to hear I'm not the only one who is interested in the subject!

I wouldn't say that what I'm doing is 'fully prototypical', for reasons that I explained in the IECC thread, but I think it is the practically the closest thing you can achieve realistically without buying an actual interlocking. You don't have to write your owns software, as long off the shelf software can take physical inputs, perform [or] and [and] logic on them and then switch physical outputs (which JMRI can do), you can make it operate like an interlocking,

However, there are a few things I have learnt from doing all the signalling which I can pass on to anyone hoping to replicate prototypical signalling as there's a difference between a prototypically signalled layout and a layout with a prototypical signalling system and making the former into the latter is not as easy as you think!

1. You can't just build an NX panel (or any route setting panel) that simulates the operation of an NX Panel you've got to build a panel that replicates the operation of an NX Panel - There is some really quite complex logic behind the operation of the an NX Panel, and, whilst it may see overkill for a model railway, if you don't replicate that logic, you will find that your panel won't always work like the prototype, particularly when you don't always do things in the order that is intended.
  2. You can't just build the NX Panel and stop there, you need to build the interlocking behind it as well - Again, seems overkill, but it is the best way to ensure the prototypical operation of the signalling system, and prevent damage to stock though preventing collisions (just like the real thing). I've been lucky in that I have access to the typical circuits for a route relay interlocking, and this is where most people will fall down, typical interlocking circuits are not publically available, and certainly shouldn't be.
  3. Don't try and build a physical interlocking (i.e. out of actual relays) - It simply is not practical unless you are a real railway, after all, there is a reason that we build large interlocking rooms and spend lots of money when we build signalling systems in real-life. Use a computer (or micro-processor), to carry out your interlocking logic
  4. Don't try and build a physical panel unless it is for a very simple layout or you have a decent amount of space - The NX Panel for Collingwood was going to be over a metre long, anything small and it would have been far too difficult to build.
  5. Don't apply the signalling system to the whole layout - In theory, there is no reason as to why the signalling can't be used on the whole layout, but using it for none-scenic areas, such as a fiddle yard, isn't really needed, and just makes it more complex and expensive.

Simon

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I've thought about making an experimental miniaturised NX panel, either standalone (with probably Arduino-based interlocking, TD berth control, and train simulation) or interfaced with SimSig. Probably using pushbuttons and a "CANCEL" Shift key rather than push-pull switches because cost / availability. I'm thinking of a design based on ~25mm square tiles, probably cosmetic rather than actually modular, using 64x32 OLED screens for berths and possibly addressable RGB LED strips for the route lights.

Gratified the relevant Railway Group Guidance Note gives provision to have the first route light to flash white instead of strictly requiring the routesetting switch to flash!

19 minutes ago, BusDriverMan said:

Gratified the relevant Railway Group Guidance Note gives provision to have the first route light to flash white instead of strictly requiring the routesetting switch to flash!

Yes, the key is in the title: Guidance ;) I've changed a few symbols on my panel from the standards to make it look nicer!

In terms of route lights flashing, I know that at Western Panels flash the first route light as a reminder for the signalling to cancel the route.

Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I apologies for the lack of updates, it’s not for lack of progress you’ll be pleased to know, it’s just that I have started lots of jobs in the middle of the last one, and as I want to show finished work, it has meant a long time between updates.

Just to recap, the last update saw the track down, rail’s painted and platform edging laid, along with waiting for some 3D Prints, and a Station Building Builder.

Well, here is the state of play now:

IMG_1280.JPG.dd6eec31860421c1b942d992961ac67e.JPG

To start you can see that all the mainline track has been ballasted, using Woodland Scenics Fine Grey Ballast fixed with the standard water glue mixture. This is actually the first time I have used this method for all ballast, I normally use neat glue for the cess & water/glue for the four foot, and I’ve got to admit that this is probably the best ballasting job I’ve done, so I’m pretty pleased with it! I have tested the track / points and apart from a couple of sticky points, everything still works, which is even more of a result.

Along with the ballasting, I’ve fitted and painted all the 3rd Rail as well, using a couple of NR standards on the design of Conductor Rail to make sure I fit it correctly around the S&C.

To enable the ballasting, I’ve had to fit all the track side detailing. In the last update I said I was awaiting quotes for 3D Printing of these components. In the end I went with a company called ‘3D Printing Corner’, the prices were much better than Shapeways and the turnaround was very quick, and the guys were very helpful and friendly.

IMG_1274.JPG.911d69a66aaccebbe4a0d84293c8cde1.JPG

In the above image you can see most of the details that I had printed, as well as some other details.

The major components you can see are the 3rd Rail Isolation Switches (in the centre) and Location Cases at the rear of the image. I’m most pleased with the Isolation Switches, mostly as I managed to pick out the cover handle and screen in different colours without messing it up! The Location Cases were slightly trickier in painting as it took me a very long time to find a colour that matched. In the end I tried four different sprays that got gradually lighter, finishing with Plastikote ‘Dover Grey’ Furniture spray, although this is technically got a ‘Chalk’ finish, it doesn’t show on such small components (relatively).

The other 3D printed details you can see are the Point Clip Enclosures (the yellow boxes next to the Isolation Switches), the Cosmetic HW2000 Point Motors (which do show the PECO versions are really over scale!), BR Standard Impedance Bonds (in the four foot on the centre track at the Point Toes) and Point Heating Transformers (The small sliver boxes between the two sets of Location Cases).

You can also see a few Dis Boxes sticking out of the ballast, these are made out of plastic section, and the Scale Model Scenery Cable Troughing and Catch Pits, as well the Orange Cable Piping between Sleepers. I have also added the AWS Magnets (unfortunately out of shot), again 3D Printed, as well as TPWS Loops for signal.

Two things I have added which I have never seen modelled before are Selective Door Opening Beacons. Fareham is fitted with Tracklink III® Beacons for use by the Class 450 fleet, and as I’m sort of the Design Authority for the Western & Wales Region for Tracklink III® Beacons (it’s more by default as I’m the only designer who knows about the equipment in the region as I designed all the installations for the Class 387 Fleet), I just had to model these. Tracklink III® Beacons are actually quite short strips of plastic that contain an RFID Tag, but I have modelled them by using spare PECO TPWS Loop Mounts glued to the sleeper and painted yellow (the first picture is the real thing):

DSCF4312.JPG.77c154e962d7b7b9f38a546e6ecba275.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG.a00585f0e8546d44c0e537a59088afb4.JPG

I have also modelled Tracklink II® Beacons primarily used by the Southern Class 37x fleets. These are very different from the Tracklink III® Beacons in that they consist of, basically, a large TPWS Loop structure and require a Location Case to house the equipment. In reality Fareham does not have these fitted, but I think this is most likely because that all the Southern services through Fareham fit within all the platforms and therefore don’t require SDO Operation. On Collingwood, if I run Southern Services longer than 4 coaches, they would require SDO and as the Platforms are of different lengths, Tracklink II® Beacons would be required, so I have fitted them (they are the long yellow TPWS Loops you can see in above image).

IMG_1283.JPG.6be5739cffa86becd796caef294dce9b.JPG

The only part of the layout that hasn’t been ballasted is the stone terminal. This is because I am planning on making the track look as though it is buried in sand and stone that seems to be so common around these terminals. I’m currently testing the ‘Chris Nevard’ method of achieving this effect via DAS Clay on a test piece of track and once I have perfected the technique, I’ll apply it onto the layout.

However, in the meantime, I have made more details for the terminal. First of all is that I have laid the edging for a short (as in height, not length) platform for the diggers that unload stone trains, for this I have used PECO ‘N’ Gauge Concrete Platform Edging. I have also built some stone ‘bins’ (on the left above) that will contain mounds of different grades of stone. These won’t be stuck down until I have completed ballasting of the terminal.

The big change that you’ll notice is that I have made up the Conveyor Belt for the unloading pit. I had originally planned on modifying a kit for this, but there wasn’t a kit that is small enough without only being suitable for a small farm. So, instead I scratch-built one out of plastic section, it isn’t quite finished as I have some additional details, but it is 95% complete, but not stuck down yet. I had also originally planned to save space by pretending there was some form of vertical conveyor to take material from the bottom of the pit to the surface and hide it in a small shelter. However, I found that my scratch-built conveyor is short enough that I could model a diagonal conveyor right from the bottom of the pit, so I have cut another hole in the baseboard and built the extra conveyor pit, I plan to leave all of these open to view with some lighting inside and then cover it with a mesh.

Moving towards the Station, I have now got the signalling centre compound started:

IMG_1288.JPG.248f573f9776aa821373dd42d169a4bf.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG.01563905187460a31483feab2394e6f9.JPG

As a reminder, this scene depicts that a temporary Signalling Centre has been constructed at Collingwood as part of a wider re-lock / re-control project in the area. The ‘scenario’ is that Eastleigh Area Signalling Centre is in need of emergency replacement, but Basingstoke Rail Operating Centre is not ready for the additional workstations, so Collingwood IECC was constructed to ‘plug the gap’. I have finally managed to install the lighting in both the Interlocking and Control Building so that I could fit the roofs, drill holes in the baseboard for the lights and start the compound. I still have to glue the buildings down (not sure when I will do that), complete a second pass with the buff ballast around the interlocking building to act as shingle, and mark out parking bays etc in the car park. I will also add some tall ‘yard’ lights to light up the compound.

IMG_1290.JPG.5ead5a85a35c31aa508598cc0ef62f10.JPG

The station itself has now got its surface, the coping and tactile paving is laser cut from Scale Model Scenery with the rest made from card and painted with Woodlands Scenics ‘Asphalt’ paint. This isn’t the final colour, as I plan to make the tarmac look more weathered, which I have started to test on the disused section of platform:

IMG_1286.JPG.7cf4ecc8472325ae31b5efc58c34a5fd.JPG

I think it looks alright, although I will use a light grey rather than white for the main platforms, but would like others views on it.

Once I have done this, I can paint on the yellow line and then I can get onto my favourite bit, detailing the platforms with people, seats etc. I’ve brought a couple of packs of modern lights from Gaugemaster, these are more expensive than lights from Layouts 4U or Kytes, but are much higher quality.

As you can see, only the Island Platform has its full surface, but the Portsmouth Platform is missing most its structure. This is in connection with the construction of station building.

I’m very very lucky in that Kernow’s Development Manager, @Graham Muz (also a very good friend and part of my operating team), has agreed to construct the Station Building as a massive favour, which has helped me immensely and from what I have seen, Collingwood will have fantastic station building. As part its construction, Muz and I have agreed that the station building will be built on a base which will incorporate the platform and station forecourt, which is why nothing has happened on this little bit so far. Thanks once again Muz!   

Whilst we are in the station area, you can see I have fitted the Accurascale Rawie Buffer Stops to both the Bay Platform and Headshunt. Whilst I highly support the decision to manufacture these, I have a couple of comments on them. First of all is that they are quite fiddly to fit, and I actually ended up breaking one lit version and three normal versions (luckily, through a complex series of events, I have lots of spares I didn’t intend to). The second comment, which admitted only applies to a limited set of people, is that the power for the LED on the lit version is taken from the track via springs underneath, however, this has the effect that it draws a current through the Train Detection and causes the Bay Platform to show ‘occupied’. Therefore, I need to modify it to take the standard 12v feed which I had originally intended.

You might have spotted a new building has appeared behind the station. After I changed the plan to shrink the NR Delivery Unit and move to the rear of the station, I needed to get a building to replicate this one at Fareham:

DSCF4320.JPG.4489621fd49d36407a2c863256908d2c.JPG

For this, I opted for the Bachmann Pre-Fab Concrete Office Building which is a very close fit:

IMG_1287.JPG.a005a689c22fba9eae5efb848ddc52a1.JPG

Into this, again I have fitted an interior made from Faller, Preiser and Noch details to resemble an office along with a mess area with kitchen and lockers. The wires you can see is for the lighting so that you can actually see the interior:

IMG_1276.JPG.c1bacbf430144b8c8d373e0a5c2fe384.JPG

One last change which you should have noticed is the lighting rig, this is actually the rig from Norwood Road which has been temporary modified so that I have the correct lighting for doing the scenic work. For those that are interested, the lighting is ‘Daylight’ White LED Lighting from ‘Simple Lighting’.

On the fleet front, not much has changed, the only new item to appear is the Hornby Network Mk1 Generator Van. I had originally ordered the Bachmann version, but once the Hornby one actually appeared, I couldn’t ignore the price difference since the quality of the model was quite good. Things are going to change in the near future because of Hattons’ decision to cancel their 12t P&T Crane, I have decided to cancel my pre-order for them and use the money to get another of their FEA Track Panel Carriers and an RHTT (although I’m not sure how much use that will get as I don’t want be yet another modern image layout to feature one constantly, but I found out I could get one at a very good price). There will be one very strange addition to the fleet as I may have ordered the named original Hush Hush!

Finally, I couldn’t resist getting a couple trains out to take a photo from my current favourite photography location, just to give a feel for the finished layout:

IMG_1284.JPG.49b1c2e131cf7ae5b02fb07155ab6f7c.JPG

Apologies that it was such a long update, but quite a lot of has been done!

Simon

IMG_1284.JPG

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

it draws a current through the Train Detection and causes the Bay Platform to show ‘occupied’. Therefore, I need to modify it to take the standard 12v feed which I had originally intended.

No you don’t, you just need to apply your big railway knowledge (almost).

:-)

Buffer stops need to be isolated from the rails to stop them dropping the track.  The ‘almost’ is that you then need to connect beyond the IRJ to the bus to give it power.  (Or use 12V as you said in the first place!)

Well Done with the update, all coming on nicely.

Paul.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

No you don’t, you just need to apply your big railway knowledge (almost).

:-)

Buffer stops need to be isolated from the rails to stop them dropping the track.  The ‘almost’ is that you then need to connect beyond the IRJ to the bus to give it power.  (Or use 12V as you said in the first place!)

Well Done with the update, all coming on nicely.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Yes, you are quite right, however I didn’t know that the Accurascale Buffers were like that, otherwise I would have probably fed like it you suggest :) 

Simom

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

I’ve just noticed your lighting brackets and as that’s the next thing on my design list, could you say how you constructed yours?

Thanks,

Paul.

28 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Hi Simon,

I’ve just noticed your lighting brackets and as that’s the next thing on my design list, could you say how you constructed yours?

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

The brackets are simply just lengths of inch square timber cut and mounted at 90 degrees to each other, we used triangular pieces of plywood to reinforce the join, but I would probably use metal right angle bracket instead now.

The actual light units are Aluminium ‘L’ Angle with the exterior surfaces painted and the ends shaped to remove sharp corners. Then the actual lighting is self adhesive ‘Daylight White’ LED strips from Simple Lighting.

Then I use nuts and bolts to attach the light units to the brackets and the brackets to the layout (I have previously used Velcro for attaching the brackets to the layout).

I’m planning on adding some kitchen cupboard magnetic door catches to the ends of the light units so that I can line them up easily.

Simon

• Thanks 1

• Tempfix

Hi Simon,

Loving the update, details look great. Can I recommend neodymium magnets for the alignment - smaller and more powerful. You can get countersunk ones to put a screw through too. A quick search of eBay found these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neodymium-Countersunk-Ring-Magnets-20mm-x-3mm-x-5mm-Hole-N42-Strong-Disc-Screw/183084370582?hash=item2aa0adca96:g:BeEAAOSw8hJcWiGV

But there are are loads of others on there. I've used similar to locate area s of scenery that cover tracks below.

Looking forward to more. Inspired to up my scenery game a bit too!

Rich

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rich Papper said:

Hi Simon,

Loving the update, details look great. Can I recommend neodymium magnets for the alignment - smaller and more powerful. You can get countersunk ones to put a screw through too. A quick search of eBay found these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neodymium-Countersunk-Ring-Magnets-20mm-x-3mm-x-5mm-Hole-N42-Strong-Disc-Screw/183084370582?hash=item2aa0adca96:g:BeEAAOSw8hJcWiGV

But there are are loads of others on there. I've used similar to locate area s of scenery that cover tracks below.

Looking forward to more. Inspired to up my scenery game a bit too!

Rich

Thanks Rich, I hadn’t thought of the Neodymium magnets, I’ve got some somewhere, so I’ll give them a try!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

I had a delivery from Crowood Press yesterday and I'm enjoying browsing through it: I might even learn something(!).

The top left photo on the back cover is 'bugging me' 'cos I can't think where it is and I feel I should be able to identify it . . .

Can you put me out of my misery and reveal the location.

Paul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Hi Simon,

I had a delivery from Crowood Press yesterday and I'm enjoying browsing through it: I might even learn something(!).

The top left photo on the back cover is 'bugging me' 'cos I can't think where it is and I feel I should be able to identify it . . .

Can you put me out of my misery and reveal the location.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for buying the book, it is much appreciated!

The picture is of Princes Risborough, looking towards Birmingham :) 

Simon

Hi,

A quick pre-Christmas post.

Tuesday saw the arrival of the first couple of batches of signals from Absolute Aspects:

IMG_1367.JPG.9dc76a49ca3e1059dcd409b55a317a19.JPG

After a couple of days of hard graft cutting holes in the baseboard and wiring them up, I have discovered that, at the moment, they are completely useless to me!

This is because they are wired up as Common Negative, but the MERG Modules can only control Common Positive, and when I discovered this latter fact, I wasn't the happiest of bunnies! :angry: :wild:  Now, I knew the former fact about the signals, but the new fact was not clearly (to a layman) explained in the documentation from MERG (I will accept it probably seems obvious to the technical expert, but to me, it was not obvious at all).

After thrashing around a bit and talking to my technical support team, I have decided to get some Opto-Isolator modules to interface between the signals and the MERG Modules, but obviously this has to wait until the new year before I can get them, so my ideas of a traditional Christmas Signalling Commissioning have been dashed!

All is not lost, I have managed to get the SPAD indicator to work ( as it's a simple  positive / negative connection):

IMG_1365.JPG.d289620e946d0a9dbc5495e1547087e3.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG.533ee284723b3ea91da9d7387f4eda38.JPG

You'll notice that this is different to the one specified, it is post mounted rather than ground mounted. Well, basically Matt had a post mounted one in stock and offered it, so I took that. I'm glad I did as the position is in is actually the only position it can be in due to the lack of space underneath the board, and the fact is that a Ground Mounted one wouldn't be visible!

Note that none of the signals are blended into their surroundings, as I'm going to make sure they all work before I do!

The next bit of news is that I have ordered the next baseboard, which will go on the other end of the junction board, as well as some backscenes and coffin boards from Tim Horn, so they won't be too late into the New Year.

So, the only thing left is to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Simon

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A small update, but quite an important one!

Finally I have managed to get one signal connected up and working with the CBUS Modules, thanks to the help of a couple of MERG members, I have created an Interface Board for each signal. which converts the 'common positive' of the CBUS modules into the 'common negative' of the Signals.

Currently I only have CD810 operational, as I have to replace the PIC on one of the Output Modules as that has gone wrong :ireful:But it is a step in the right direction. I am now investigating the PCBs being manufactured for me to make it all a bit easier than using stripboard as I have done for the first interface.

Nothing else has happened on the layout over Christmas / New Year as I'm now waiting on stuff from Tim Horn.

Simon

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1