East Jackson MI and Franklin Falls NH

• 2 months later...
  • long island jack changed the title to East Jackson MI and Franklin Falls NH
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What a great layout. Very atmospheric.

Although my main interest in railways is British Rail during the 1980’s, and early 90’s, I have over the last few years been gaining an interest in the railways of North America. I have no rolling stock as yet, but I’m thinking I would love to build a small layout. Reading through this thread has a been inspirational. I may have to dig deep into my piggy bank, and make a few purchases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

2 steps forward,1 step back

After months of testing, i've decided to replace the servos operating my turnouts, they worked ok 99% of the time ,but i had that "what if" moment in the back of my mind, so back to the tried and test bike spoke, which has never fail me (famous last words) in the past.

Also got the last of the stock 2 more Guilford box cars, just a couple of small jobs to do and were ready for when the exhibitions start up again.

IMG_20210417_081837.jpg.b2768d1e33d974d8665429f448a21c27.jpg

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 2

On 18/04/2021 at 16:36, enginelane said:

What do you favour as the  between the spoke and the point mechanism?

The bike spoke goes from front fascia to the switch, points are between 6-8" from the front edge and as the bike spokes i have are 12", just cut to length.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

After months out of service, NEGR GP7 302 is back in action, seen here on train CA-1.

After heading north to Lochmere, where the only run round is on the line, they switched 3M Industries (only one empty clay slurry tank) and then head down the branch from Northfield to Franklin falls where they pick two box cars up from Green mountain pickle co.

They then propel the train back as far as Northfield, switch the team track, then head south to exchange cars with Guilford at Concord yard.

My plan is finally coming together, roll on the exhibition season!!!!

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been doing final little bits to finish of the layout ready for the exhibitions to start again.

First show will be Barrow in Furness, Oct 9-10th, note new venue, with Franklin Falls NH

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/22032-FurnessModelRailwayClub_Exhibition

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the road again next weekend at Stafford exhibition, looks to be plenty of American layouts, which makes  a nice change.     

They'll all be saying. "just not another American layout".     

IMG_20220904_140458_edit_309388792412686.jpg.f119cea3ee1c57e707dafb269d81b76e.jpg       

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, long island jack said:

On the road again next weekend at Stafford exhibition, looks to be plenty of American layouts, which makes  a nice change.                                                                    They'll all be saying "not another American layout".       

Indeed!! Rather miffed I'm going to miss this show. 🙄