Kerizac's little yard

Hello,
this afternoon, I started another new project: a very small shunting layout ( 60cm x 23cm). Two short tracks (28cm) and a sector plate (30cm). It's supposed to be a factory (nobody knows what they make inside it) lost in the middle of nowhere. As always, all your comments and advices will be very appreciated. Thanks.

2075949758_LWS01.jpg.a80847a3f66dc9d5bbb8d1dc08e91206.jpg

21465465_LWS02.jpg.4b5a1e30e00eea4fec079abd00586ae3.jpg

10B.jpg.7469c9f17c2a7f8aab679cfbb328957b.jpg

• Like 4

Unfortunately, yesterday, when I parked my car in my garage, I completely forgot that my baseboard was on the ground. I just discovered that baseboard doesn't like car tires.  :mad:   :mad:   :mad:   

Edited by Kerizac

19 minutes ago, Kerizac said:

Unfortunately, yesterday, when I parked my car in my garage, I completely forgot that my baseboard was on the ground. I just discovered that baseboard doesn't like car tires.  :mad:   :mad:   :mad:   

oh no, is it salvageable? or is this a start from scratch kind of jobby?

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 10:11, Kerizac said:

This first layout no longer exists....I'm working on a new one.

Looks like a good re-start! How about adding some 3D-relief to the building, perhaps by cutting out the windows and doors and setting them back a bit form the wall? Windowsills, drainpipes and signage also go a long way in a small scene like this, and lining up the track with the end door rather than a bufferstop would help make the railway look as if it "goes somewhere", even if it doesn't!

Anyway, I think I'm going to enjoy watching you develop this little scene, it's got plenty of opportunities!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2