Wiring the Seep PM1

saxman1530

• RMweb Gold

Hello fellow modellers, Hope you have all had a productive weekend as far as modelling goes at least..
Some help please on wiring the seep pm1 to peco electrofrog points.
The last time I wired one up, some years back I admit, the points had a single loose wire leading from the frog which connected directly to terminal f on the seep.
I am just about to wire some new points, electro not uni, and see that the loose wire has been replaced by a fixed u-shape wire. Do I just tap off this wire and connect to the f terminal or do I need to doctor the wire somehow ?
Thank you in advance.

• RMweb Gold

It’s a while since I have wired one but is it not the case that the wire has just been folded aback on itself and if you (gently) pull it from the channel it is in you have just one straight wire?  Of course the design may have changed recently.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you BoD for your suggestion but both ends of the wire are attached with the wire bridging the frog.  It was 2012 when I last wired one and I seem to remember that that there were gaps in some of the rails as well so I may dig out a pic of an old point and kitbash a new one to match. Wish me luck.

Peco electrofrogs do have gaps in the blades - black plastic separating them with wires bonded underneath & the frog wire is only connected on one end  as I am looking at one right now. This is mine both sides showing the insulators & the frog wire.

Perhaps a photo of your turnout will help to be able to advise you

peco1.jpg

peco2.jpg

• Like 1