Ramseys british model trains

edward66

I believe the 9th edition, 2015, is the most recent and unfortunately not error proof. The main problem is they have used the expected delivery times of models that were yet to be released at the time it was put together so the Bachmann 94xx for example is quoted as being released in 2016. Strikes me that its now a publication that could with a web page updating/correcting it. 

• RMweb Gold

I'd also say that you could include some "automation" using the ebay API to get an average price over the last, say, 6 months for an item. But then it's becoming a different sort of beast, and probably the "pay £20 for a paperback" sales model doesnt work.... Probably something more like the subscription model of rmweb Gold....

• Administrators

We have talked about a few options, but everything involves a massive amount of work by someone. The original files are in Word tables, so you can't easily upload them to a database, pretty fundamental if you want an electronic version. Doing anything will be terrifically expensive, which probably makes it uncommercial bearing in mind the number of people who would really be willing to pay for it. Even bringing the files up to date is now a massive job. 

However, never say never.

• RMweb Gold

I certainly think there is a market for something like Ramsey's though it is probably electronic rather than as a book. Could it bundled with RM Gold membership for example - it would be a strong valuable incentive to people like me especially if there was a commitment to keep it up to date (currently 'swithering' about joining!!). Outside of the modelling sphere I imagine its strongest market is amongst the collecting side of the hobby.