Class 20 Speakers

40034_Nick

Hi All,

I have 5 Bachmann class 20s. 

I flogged all my old ESU 3.5s and am now gonna buy 5 new V5 chips from Charlie and Bif.. (Again ;-) )

Now all i need is 5 bass filled best speakers that fit in the 20s..  Any suggestions welcome ? 

BTW, i don't mind butchering the tanks to add an additional speaker as well.. 

9 hours ago, Richard Croft said:

Fair enough, I think they suit the class 20 though, they sound like class 20’s to me. I did look at the possibility of fitting an Em1 but even if it would just about go width wise there’s no height for it. Some people have milled the tanks out and fitted a round speaker but I don’t think it sounds any better than iPhone speakers

Richard

Richard.

have you tried the Galaxy S4 speakers in a 20 yet?

Dave.

21 hours ago, Richard Croft said:

It’ll sound similar to an iPhone speaker I would have thought, sugarcube speaker drivers form the basis of an iPhone speaker anyway, if you are after something less tinny maybe try a traditional ‘cone’ type speaker

No Richard.. I have a whole box of around 50 that i would never use.. Absolute scheisse !! 

A very quick wobbly handheld video of the Galaxy S4 speaker compared with Double iPhone speakers.

The first part is a new Samsung Galaxy S4 speaker. It is 7/8 ohms so will need the volume turned up as compared with the second part with the Double iPhone speakers at 4ohms (together). Both fit easily under the bonnet. The Galaxy lacks some top end but has a little more base. The iPhones have more top end and sound 'cleaner'.

It's up to you.

On 02/09/2019 at 11:20, Richard Croft said:

Thats a great comparison video, I think I'll probably go for one of each when Bachmann eventually do their DRS models, both sound good to me.

Richard

Richard.

I agree that that would be a good idea.

However, what ever I try I just cannot get my usual iPhone 6 speaker in with the Galaxy S4 so it may have to be an older iPhone one. Perhaps a 5.

I don't have a 5 as the moment so cannot try it right now.

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2019 at 11:03, dasatcopthorne said:

A very quick wobbly handheld video of the Galaxy S4 speaker compared with Double iPhone speakers.

The first part is a new Samsung Galaxy S4 speaker. It is 7/8 ohms so will need the volume turned up as compared with the second part with the Double iPhone speakers at 4ohms (together). Both fit easily under the bonnet. The Galaxy lacks some top end but has a little more base. The iPhones have more top end and sound 'cleaner'.

It's up to you.

Watched this last night , can't decide on whether to order the S4 speakers for my 20's , would you say they have more bass than the others? Tia

On 20/09/2019 at 15:16, sulzer71 said:

Watched this last night , can't decide on whether to order the S4 speakers for my 20's , would you say they have more bass than the others? Tia

For various reasons I haven't yet been able to try a Samsung and an iPhone together but will get round to it.

Dave