Identifying layout plan

Blobrick

• RMweb Premium

I am sure like me, a few of the older RMweb members will remember seeing the attached  Roy Link plan and lovely artwork from the Railway Modeller back in the late 70s or very early 80s.

If l remember correctly the plan was based around a southern region branch terminus. Looking at the artwork, l ve been trying to work out which company, if any, it represents?

To my eyes it looks like LSWR, but l am no expert, and therefore offer it to the more knowledgeable members to comment on.

Bob C

Bigbury Bay suggestion 3D.jpg

Bigbury Bay track plan suggestion.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up the September Railway Modeller just yesterday, and a preliminary look through that issue reveals an 00 gauge Southern Region layout named "Titherleigh" based on these plans.

HTH.

Alasdair

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, AJCT said:

I picked up the September Railway Modeller just yesterday, and a preliminary look through that issue reveals an 00 gauge Southern Region layout named "Titherleigh" based on these plans.

HTH.

Alasdair

Amazing, after almost 40 years, whats the chance of that!!

Bob C

• RMweb Gold

Yes, this was very much ex-LSWR, the idea being to use Minitrix Ivatt tanks ( as appeared on ex-lsw line in the early 50s).

Interesting about the new layout bases on this, might have to pick up the September modeller

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, melmoth said:

In a number of ways, it's a simplified version of Swanage

Yes now you ve mentioned it, Melmoth l think you are rignt, possibly a basis for a preserved line layout then?