Malcs Models

James Eggleton-Akers

Went into Malcs Models in ilkeston on Friday for only the second time. I have to say that it's got to be the best model shop I've been to. The owner is a lovely chap and offers good service, there is plenty of selection and all items are very well priced. Even treated myself to a Hornby Fowler 4F. Really hope there is one equally as good in norfolk when I do move.  

• Agree 4

• 1 year later...

Just to add that from November 2020, Malc's Models moved from their Pelham Street shop just off the bottom of Bath Street, to a larger shop in the main footfall halfway up Bath Street (or halfway down depending on which way you are facing).

The shop is now directly opposite Wilko's but due to restrictions has not been able to open properly since the move.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Is Malcs Models still operating as normal as a high street store? I turned up early Saturday afternoon and the shop was all shuttered up despite supposedly opening until 4.30 on the noticeboard. There was no information about the closure.

12 minutes ago, fezza said:

Is Malcs Models still operating as normal as a high street store? I turned up early Saturday afternoon and the shop was all shuttered up despite supposedly opening until 4.30 on the noticeboard. There was no information about the closure.

Probably shut because they are at the Bristol show this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/07/2022 at 19:18, richard brown said:

Hi all here is a video of there open day and a look around the shop 

Malcs Model Open day

richard

trains in the attic 

Halo Richard i always enjoy your videos ,watched your video about Malcs models you did him proud a proper old school model shop!

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Visited Malc’s Models today as I was in Ilkeston for brewing supplies, home brew stores being as rare as model shops these days, Ilkeston has both! I’d seen Malc’s at shows but not visited before. Extensive stocks in N, TT120, 00, 0, G scale, plastic kits. Well recommended. Kato N stocked , also 009.

Dava

• Like 2