MRJ 273

MartinWales

16 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

Saw James at Expo EM North today. No MRJ. He said that he had heard that it was at the printer, so probably late next week.

However, he also said that someone had mentioned the idea of a new finescale magazine.

Incidentally, South Pelaw was at the show. As impressive as in MRJ.

Jonathan

That explains why it wasn't at my usual vendors this morning, when I looked...  :jester:

Oh well, the anticipation is all part of the fun!

• RMweb Gold

Well it's out and in stock here at The Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop in Bath, a good issue I think.

Barry Norman is in the editorial chair, layouts are the very nice looking "Templefield" by David Fisher, a characterful smallish layout about which I had previously heard or seen nothing, and a great piece of writing too I think. Then follows Peter Kazer's detailed account of building Corris No 3 in two scales, otherwise known as "Sir Haydn" on the current day Talyllyn. A small Hughes locomotive, similar versions of which were available in standard gauge flavours too, viz "Elephant" in Kent. I digress, but a very modellable range of prototypes - especially in the larger scales I think. Tom Knapp describes the "Paget Christian Centre" building on Copenhagen Fields, part two of Karl Crowther's build of the K Manning Wardle kit, searchlight signals on the Eastern from Jas Millham, more work at Farringdon from Stephen Williams, commode handles from Trevor Pott some exquisite models in Portfolio and all the usual features.

And all for £5.20!

And I have just painted the shop door WR chocolate - so for goodness sake don't get paint on your clothes in the rush through the door.......

And it is a sunny day!

Simon

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

3 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Tom Knapp describes the "Paget Christian Centre" building on Copenhagen Fields,

Just in case there isn't a view of the back passage that runs behind the Paget Christian Centre here's one of mine with a bit of photoshoppery to add the bombsite background.

TopCatIISm.jpg.d77929e813fbfd721ba3c04c9ee28765.jpg

I still find it hard to believe it's 2mm.

P

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Just in case there isn't a view of the back passage.......

P

I would venture that your view of the back passage should satisfy anyone seeking same. 

• Funny 3

36 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Just in case there isn't a view of the back passage that runs behind the Paget Christian Centre here's one of mine with a bit of photoshoppery to add the bombsite background.

P

5 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I would venture that your view of the back passage should satisfy anyone seeking same. 

That back passage looks like it has taken a bit of a pounding

Really never expected to be saying such on a finescale modelling magazine thread.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

P

...also the earliest known use of a uPVC door

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

I have absolutely no idea what you are poking at.  :swoon:

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

That back passage looks like it has taken a bit of a pounding

It's quite green & leafy now. Even has a lamp post to lean on.

https://goo.gl/maps/MFLcVJB5ztHUHWNa6

45 minutes ago, Axlebox said:

..also the earliest known use of a uPVC door

ooooooooooooooooOOOOoooooooooooo!

P

• RMweb Gold

Not sure yet, it has not been forgotten but there are rather a lotof other things going on at the moment. Iain has prepared more Cameo material for MRJ, which is effectively feedback, but I'm not sure when it will appear.

As you know, I am nothing to do with the production of MRJ, I'm just a happy reader and re-seller!

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Well it's out and in stock here at The Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop in Bath, a good issue I think.

Barry Norman is in the editorial chair, layouts are the very nice looking "Templefield" by David Fisher, a characterful smallish layout about which I had previously heard or seen nothing, and a great piece of writing too I think. Then follows Peter Kazer's detailed account of building Corris No 3 in two scales, otherwise known as "Sir Haydn" on the current day Talyllyn. A small Hughes locomotive, similar versions of which were available in standard gauge flavours too, viz "Elephant" in Kent. I digress, but a very modellable range of prototypes - especially in the larger scales I think. Tom Knapp describes the "Paget Christian Centre" building on Copenhagen Fields, part two of Karl Crowther's build of the K Manning Wardle kit, searchlight signals on the Eastern from Jas Millham, more work at Farringdon from Stephen Williams, commode handles from Trevor Pott some exquisite models in Portfolio and all the usual features.

And all for £5.20!

And I have just painted the shop door WR chocolate - so for goodness sake don't get paint on your clothes in the rush through the door.......

And it is a sunny day!

Simon

I knew the guy was not giving me accurate information as lets face it when has MRJ ever been released on a Monday? I'm off to my local to investigate further, lol.

• RMweb Gold

Mine has just arrived. Contents:

Templefield

Corris No. 3 in the last days of the Corris

J11

The Paget Christian Centre

K class Manning Wardle

Searchlight signals

Forming GWR commode handles

Station Road, Faringdon, part teo

Small suppliers, letters, diary.

Edited by Barry Norman