Inverkeillor yard and station(ECML steam)

tigerburnie

• tigerburnie changed the title to Inverkeillor yard and station(ECML steam)
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been having a lot of running sessions but not a lot of modelling being done, sure my mojo will return once we are allowed out more lol. I picked up a new loco that I have been after for some time, a Bachman J39. Now there's plenty about, but this one stood out as it has been nicely modified by the previous collector owner and is fitted with a Hornby DCC chip, so it has been lubricated and had a short run in and runs quite nicely. These locos were part of the main stay of local freight in the area I've modelled, it will need detailing, new numbers and weathering, but for now it's a nice edition to the stock.

BM1K1382.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Not a huge amount of modelling going on, but much running of rolling stock, started to build the point rodding for the mainline points, though the wrong signal box is still in place. A new addition to the stock is this rather nice Heljan class 26, though it was a BRCW when I saw them as classes had not been introduced as such, as they were brand new in the period I'm representing, only a light weathering will be applied.

IMG_9386.JPG

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Not posted on here for a long time, what with covid and then cancer, life has sort of got in the way, I haven't been able to go to any shows, so little additional modelling has taken place. I do however use the layout and today on a short run during the hottest day of the year I tried using my new movie camera in The Old Summer House, this is a very short clip I loaded onto flickr, there will be a much longer version about this layout and a bit of running stock on my youtube channel later.

52224048052_d5ce9cb966_z.jpgModel railway by tigerburnie, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4