tigerburnie

Inverkeillor yard and station(ECML steam)

Thanks Bill, when all the structure is completed it will all need weathering to make it look realistic. There's levers for the points to be made and people to add, need a bloke with a sack barrow on the loading platform for a start.

Been trying my hand at weathering wagons, need to get some more colours for the rust and coal dust.

DSC02659.JPG

• Like 2

Started weathering the track and yard a bit, the bridge has been colour washed with water colour and "sooted" with powders, some rust powders have been added to the track and the buildings and fences have been weathered as well, still more to go.

DSC02669.JPG

• Like 2

I have been having a lot of running sessions but not a lot of modelling being done, sure my mojo will return once we are allowed out more lol. I picked up a new loco that I have been after for some time, a Bachman J39. Now there's plenty about, but this one stood out as it has been nicely modified by the previous collector owner and is fitted with a Hornby DCC chip, so it has been lubricated and had a short run in and runs quite nicely. These locos were part of the main stay of local freight in the area I've modelled, it will need detailing, new numbers and weathering, but for now it's a nice edition to the stock.

BM1K1382.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In the goods yard, I didn't notice the spiders web "weathering" until after I took the image.

DSC02759.JPG

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 1