Layouts near me

Kevin Bruce

Hi, I have just joined, but have been a modeller and fan of US Railroads for many years. I have many engines, but unfortunately don't have a layout (yet) to run them on. Does anyone know of an HO club layout in the Peterborough (Cambrideshire) area, that I could use to stretch the legs of my locos. I'm not to bothered if it is 50 or 60 miles away, so long as I can get to use the locos. Many thanks in advance …. Kevin

BTW; I mainly model Chicago area Railroads, so have IHB, IAIS, BNSF, NS, CSX plus a few other shortlines.

Hi Kevin. I think your closest is the Thamessiders in Frating, Essex. They hold a monthly running session on their modular setup, They’re a great bunch. Geoff’s contact details are in the link from Allegheny, above, 

Peterborough? It’s a shame you said HO, or it would be a case of “come on over”! I too model the Chicago area roads, but in N scale.

i’ll keep this subject in mind, as you never know when another local will “turn up” to make this happen. I know there are HO modellers around, but keeping track of them hasn’t been an easy task.

good luck!

Dennis

Edited by dckuk
Spelling