Old oak common - the factory - between NSE and EWS

rob D2

Thank you so much for these and the earlier pictures. Amazing range, covering so many eras there. Much appreciated. A location regularly visited during my childhood, the pics have stoked so many memories. That last pic of the two Hymeks seems so show yet another loco dropped into the turntable!! Would love to know the story behind that one.....

John

Great photos,

i guess it was on borrowed time when the NSE loco hauled stuff finished, and I think the engineers 47s were reallocated to SF eventually, with 004 gaining an SF logo on the snowplough !

anybody know when the factory actually  finished for routine loco maintenance ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2019 at 21:32, Davexoc said:

Did you not do Paddington ODM?

Workshops on the 3rd floor of a building at the end of the elevated section of the Westway, above the old NCL depot.

Yes I did do pad ODM, thoroughly enjoyed every minute, I was earning something like £65 per week, and My dolomite 1850 used about £75 worth of petrol getting there, but it was worth it, I remember the basement full of rubbish and rats, the security guard who was the same every morning,  but still wanted to see our ID cards every day!

Dave Vaughn was the supervisor, John Derby (rip) the storeman, I used to work with Kevin dare a lot. 

Good Times!