Dawlish Station

Does Dawlish station have ticket barriers? I am going to Teignmouth next week to take some photos from the sea wall. I also intend to visit Dawlish during the day to take some photos there too.

I am getting a return to Teignmouth and was going to use my bus pass to get to Dawlish and back. However, i'm now wondering if I can alight at Dawlish instead, then I only need to get the bus from there to Teignmouth

Why all the concern about ticket inspection?  As long as you're coming from the Exeter direction then I doubt you will encounter a problem in stopping short even if there were an inspection.  Might be a different matter if you're coming from the Newton Abbot direction though.

• RMweb Premium

Even at stations with ticket barriers you can break your journey, I have on a number of occasions travelled from Paddington to Plymouth, but stopped off at Exeter to go into the Model Shop. The barrier has always let me out and back in, the first time I did it I was prepared for the barrier to swallow my ticket and have to purchase another one.

• Like 1