Western Pullman Set

Oliver Rails

11 hours ago, GraemeWatson said:

Has anyone transplanted the Western Pullman Zimo chips from the current set to the original Blue Pullman iteration, and if so did the end result work as expected?

There is no reason why it shouldn't work as expected, its the same running gear

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, JiLo said:

There is no reason why it shouldn't work as expected, its the same running gear

Indeed, that's what I would expect, but sometimes, changes are made, and just wanted to assess if anyone had experienced any snags.

I have the chips from the Western Pullman set, and 'm looking forward to fitting them to a BP.

Once I do it, I'll share any problems I encounter, here.

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, bubbles2 said:

Are both power cars motorised or is there one motor for the 6 car set with a dummy power car?

Both are powered, each having their own decoder and speaker. Refer back to previous posts 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/09/2019 at 15:54, tetsudofan said:

My set arrived this morning (would have arrived yesterday had I not been showing the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway to a friend from the USA*) and just got the unit running …. although it does seem to have landed in a time warp.....

WesternPullman-02.jpg.3a7726b5f60413c6d4e2359c39963271.jpg

Sounds are great and runs smoothly. 

Keith

*  and just as we approached Dungeness there sitting at the end of the branch from Appledore were two DRS Cl.68 diesels which had just delivered or were waiting for a couple of nuclear flasks, first time I had seen the train at Dungeness..... and I didn't have my camera with me!

Hi, Now that you have had the Western Pullman for sometime. I would be very interested in your experience with this set.

I currently have The Bachmann Blue Midland set. Which is very nice, but one of the drive locos has developed a noise and looks like the motor needs replacing. I have seen a report from someone else which states that they have had problems with the new Western Pullman, one of which is noisy locos.

I am saving for the new Bachmann Western 

Pullman. But am concerned about possible issues. Possibly you may be able to allay my fears. Any feedback would be appreciated.

David

Edited by Dvdkar
Typo error

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Dvdkar said:

Hi, Now that you have had the Western Pullman for sometime. I would be very interested in your experience with this set.

I currently have The Bachmann Blue Midland set. Which is very nice, but one of the drive locos has developed a noise and looks like the motor needs replacing. I have seen a report from someone else which states that they have had problems with the new Western Pullman, one of which is noisy locos.

I am saving for the new Bachmann Western 

Pullman. But am concerned about possible issues. Possibly you may be able to allay my fears. Any feedback would be appreciated.

David

Hi there,

My Western Pullman has been parked on my layout since taking delivery from the retailer. It gets run from time-to-time and I've not encountered any noise problems from the motor, all I can hear are the sounds provided by the sound decoder. Gave the unit a run just now and it performs perfectly.

Keith

• Agree 1

Hi Keith, Many thanks for getting back to me. That’s very reassuring, if you are giving it a positive thumbs up. I will continue saving my pennies. I do like the look of it and I would like to get it at some point. 
thanks again

David

Looking a little bit later on from it’s release, these seem to have gone  a bit quiet from retailers. No constant sales etc, maybe Bachmann judged their market well. An odd thing to happen, personally I found some of the details a bit coarse. Fine on the 2011 Pullman but on the 2019 £675 one, it certainly shows it’s age. 

• 2 years later...