37 025 Inverness TMD ARRIVED!

KMS Railtech

Hi all,

Just thought you may be interested (or maybe even excited like us!) to know that the 32-780RJ class 37025 Inverness TMD is due at our shop tomorrow FedEx dependant! HAS ARRIVED!

We can't wait to get our hands on these! As soon as they arrive we'll be getting them boxed up and sent of to pre ordered customers. We've a fair few to open up and fit sound to too. We ordered a lot of these, but they are selling very fast and are totally sold out with Bachmann so if you want one, check out our site.

https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/home/2478-32-780rj-class-37-025-inverness-tmd.html

InvernessTMD1.png

Edited by KMS Railtech
Now in stock
  • Like 1

Wow - the wait is over!

Come into the shop to see it in the flesh! We're just preparing these for shipping now. Decoders are being fitted for those that ordered them too, so if you've ordered one (or two) then they will be with you shortly!

IMG_3775.jpeg.78431a47fe9f9101ff99da67cd89055b.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

I must have just missed this earlier when I was in the shop! Looks good but unfortunately out of era for me. I'm due back out to Inverurie tomorrow so will pop in again for a look....

Aww that's a shame! Feel free to pop back in.

What's your era?

34 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

1980's Scotrail. Shame that 37025 would require too much to backdate it! I've got an hour tomorrow before I have to accompany my next driver back to Aberdeen. 

Great era! We've got a lot of this stock ourselves, and some in the store too!

3 hours ago, Coop said:

Hey KMS Railtech,

just received mine... Should there be a ltd edition certificate, or does it come without?

Best Wishes,

D

Hi, glad you have received your loco! There is not a cert with these models. They are classed as "Sales Area Exclusives" as opposed to limited editions. I'd have liked to have seen certs too!

Thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Cheers Mike! 

Yes, always nice to see a certificate - bummer!

However. The main thing is, I haven’t got a missing one, so thanks for putting  my mind at ease ; )....

Received mine today and could not be happier, Bachmann’s Finishing and chassis have both come on soooooooooo much, since they first took over Mainline! 

In fact.... Every new Bachmann loco I buy, just keeps on getting better & better! ! : ) Also very happy they decided to do the one repainted with correct arrows! Had the large arrowed one for some time, although never quite bonded with it? 

One last question.... There seems to be a difference of opinion on how many of the new Inverness TMD have been produced. Some websites are saying 512, others are saying 350? 

By the way, I had never heard of you, or your shop, before finding this thread on RMWEB! So, it looks as though you are gonna be getting a new customer; )... Liking the idea of bundles a lot! 

Thanks again Mike! 

Best Wishes,

Coop

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Cheers Mike! 

Yes, always nice to see a certificate - bummer!

However. The main thing is, I haven’t got a missing one, so thanks for putting  my mind at ease ; )....

Received mine today and could not be happier, Bachmann’s Finishing and chassis have both come on soooooooooo much, since they first took over Mainline! 

In fact.... Every new Bachmann loco I buy, just keeps on getting better & better! ! : ) Also very happy they decided to do the one repainted with correct arrows! Had the large arrowed one for some time, although never quite bonded with it? 

One last question.... There seems to be a difference of opinion on how many of the new Inverness TMD have been produced. Some websites are saying 512, others are saying 350? 

By the way, I had never heard of you, or your shop, before finding this thread on RMWEB! So, it looks as though you are gonna be getting a new customer; )... Liking the idea of bundles a lot! 

Thanks again Mike! 

Best Wishes,

Coop

Very glad you received it! We've still got a few to ship out that we're fitting sound or DCC too, but we were one of the first shops to receive this model since we placed such a large order! We still have some available...

I believe they made 500 in total (or maybe 512) but the confusion is probably round the sound/non sound models. They tend to do 350 DCC Ready (which we prefer as customers can choose their DCC sound which we fit for free), and 150 DCC Sound models. I hope this helps!

Good to hear you've found us through RMWeb! We're glad to have you on board as a customer!

Thanks

Mike

• Friendly/supportive 1

I reckon it's about time Bachmann start going to etched (see-through) grilles, working fans and opening doors.

Perhaps even have the driver bobbing up-and-down, like some items I've had for my lads in the last 10 years ....

OK, I'm going a little 'overboard' - and should be left there as well - name's not Bob ...

It looks a great model, and I'm glad there's continued development of an already excellent locomotive.

The small antennae look more robust than my 37 - fairly recent, older model - Ben Cruachan.

What surprises me is the 37's popularity, not just as a model, but in real life - it's active longevity has been quite astounding in view of others which have fallen by the wayside.

Al.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

What surprises me is the 37's popularity, not just as a model, but in real life - it's active longevity has been quite astounding in view of others which have fallen by the wayside.

Its the large logo that did it.

37’s were the seriously ugly swan in overall drab green, they didn't wear BR blue with yellow ends well either, nor did black head code boxes help the appearance. Until 1985 37’s were in the cesspit of grand design.

They were in the shadows of many aesthetically nicer classes, but equally hidden in areas of lower enthusiast interest.. the Fens dont have hills, Welsh steel wasnt glamourous to watch, 26/27’s were more interesting in Scotland.

But once the fairing around the buffer-beams was removed, the headlight fitted, a bright yellow cab and logo was in place, and crucially.. the class 40’s gone... the sheer pig grunting noise was finally given the recognition they deserved, especially in pairs in the peak district, in the north east, and passenger services in Scotland, Wales and Lancashire.

its an epitomy to the story that by putting lipstick on a pig, it not only looks good, but can fly.

Edited by adb968008

Pig grunting noise is a bit harsh - it's one thing I like about them, more a 'lubricated guttural rumble'.

I was brought up with Black 5's going over the local railway bridge across the main road, to become Class 40's for years, and years .... basically until I moved out .... !!

40 has got to be my general purpose diesel favourite, or equal with the 47, which replaced them 'on the bridge' - there's a nearby power station, presumably coal fired, and it also seemed to be a route to the Liverpool container terminal, so I remember loads of container trains going over ...

Al.

6 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I reckon it's about time Bachmann start going to etched (see-through) grilles, working fans and opening doors.

Perhaps even have the driver bobbing up-and-down, like some items I've had for my lads in the last 10 years ....

OK, I'm going a little 'overboard' - and should be left there as well - name's not Bob ...

It looks a great model, and I'm glad there's continued development of an already excellent locomotive.

The small antennae look more robust than my 37 - fairly recent, older model - Ben Cruachan.

Al.

If they did, that would only add to the cost, which enough people are complaining about already

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Its the large logo that did it.

37’s were the seriously ugly swan in overall drab green, they didn't wear BR blue with yellow ends well either, nor did black head code boxes help the appearance. Until 1985 37’s were in the cesspit of grand design.

They were in the shadows of many aesthetically nicer classes, but equally hidden in areas of lower enthusiast interest.. the Fens dont have hills, Welsh steel wasnt glamourous to watch, 26/27’s were more interesting in Scotland.

But once the fairing around the buffer-beams was removed, the headlight fitted, a bright yellow cab and logo was in place, and crucially.. the class 40’s gone... the sheer pig grunting noise was finally given the recognition they deserved, especially in pairs in the peak district, in the north east, and passenger services in Scotland, Wales and Lancashire.

its an epitomy to the story that by putting lipstick on a pig, it not only looks good, but can fly.

Funny how I disagree with virtually everything there! It’s a good job we are all different isn’t it :)

i agree that they definitely aren’t a pretty loco but I liked them in blue with or without buffer skirts and with black headcode boxes. I’m a man driven by sound though and no matter how much I love a 40, I found the whistling a little grating after a while, so I preferred the 37 for its guttural growl

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, atom3624 said:

It was a loco with good route availability, so it could go to places other Co-Co diesels were unable to. Any lighter loco had less driving wheels, so less tractive effort.

There were also lots of them, making spares economical to produce & store.

I am more surprised the 30s/31s lasted as long as they did. With the entire class requiring a completely different engine relatively soon after their introduction & 1/3 of their wheels unpowered & providing no tractive effort, they seemed like a fundamentally flawed design & therefore a candidate for early withdrawal.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pete the Elaner said:

It was a loco with good route availability, so it could go to places other Co-Co diesels were unable to. Any lighter loco had less driving wheels, so less tractive effort.

There were also lots of them, making spares economical to produce & store.

I am more surprised the 30s/31s lasted as long as they did. With the entire class requiring a completely different engine relatively soon after their introduction & 1/3 of their wheels unpowered & providing no tractive effort, they seemed like a fundamentally flawed design & therefore a candidate for early withdrawal.

I absolutely agree, inbetween the 37’s on regional railways services in the northwest in the late 1980’s, they used 31’s for a couple of summers.

it started out 31/4’s (then 31/5’s), and later any 31 they could grab... The problem was for each 31 that left Victoria, they needed another one to bring it back, until they jyst gave up and ran them in pairs... 2x 31’s and 4/5 coaches on services round the oldham loop, blackburn, blackpool, southport and if they felt lucky.. Barrow.

Running as pairs, they got a nickname of “toilets”.. which stood for Thirty One, Inside Loco, Expect Trouble... as usually 1 was knackered...

hence the 37’s returned.

The only reason they survived, was BR didnt order enough type 3’s, and too many type 2’s... rough as they were 1x31 is cheaper than 2x25’s.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

It was a loco with good route availability, so it could go to places other Co-Co diesels were unable to.

Which is why I never understood the decision to create 31/4s instead of 37/4s, when more ETH locos were required for regional trains. Turn on the ETH on a 31/4 and the power remaining for traction was seriously reduced, at least in practice. 31/1s could cope with trains 31/4s struggled with.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold
On 07/09/2019 at 15:02, brushman47544 said:

Which is why I never understood the decision to create 31/4s instead of 37/4s, when more ETH locos were required for regional trains. Turn on the ETH on a 31/4 and the power remaining for traction was seriously reduced, at least in practice. 31/1s could cope with trains 31/4s struggled with.

Quite, it was all too much for this one..

We seem to be a bit away from 37025 though.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1