BR (ex GWR) Parcels Railcar

Well done Darius,  How did you do the lining, was it by hand with a bow pen, or transfers. 

I am interested to know, because I have some to do, and I have both bow pen and transfers at the ready.   Just a bit daunted at the prospect at this moment.   Yours looks perfectly straight..... Can I do it as well... gulp..... :unsure:

Rob

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, RobMG said:

Well done Darius,  How did you do the lining, was it by hand with a bow pen, or transfers. 

I am interested to know, because I have some to do, and I have both bow pen and transfers at the ready.   Just a bit daunted at the prospect at this moment.   Yours looks perfectly straight..... Can I do it as well... gulp..... :unsure:

Rob

Hi Rob,

I used lining decals by Fox Transfers.  Took it slow and used a fine paint brush to position the lining decal.  I secured one end by dabbing the water away with a scrap of kitchen towel once it was in the correct position and carefully worked my way along the coach.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Dear Darius,

Sorry for the resurrection of a dated thread but also thank you so much for going to the effort of restoring the photos after the RMWeb blip. 

The crimson paint is lovely. Is it a brand of paint you used or did you mix it yourself? 

Thanks,

Henry