141 class

kevo

Hi all i have owned  one or two irish locos over the years but never got round to actually building a paticular layout strictly for irish stock  . most of what i have built has been to run a multitude  from different countries uk . usa  etc . as my interest wonders . any way this eve i have got my 141 class out of the box and on the track to get my irish interest stimulated again so thought i would share a few pics . its shown  on my small micro layout hope you like it cheers kevin 

20190830_223126.jpg

20190830_223226.jpg

20190830_223305.jpg

20190830_223322.jpg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks  glad you like it . i am really not sure what wagons i could use or get a way with . may be fertiliiser or even cement as the silo could have multipurpose use . i am allso not quite up on what wagons are avaible being a novice to the irish railway scene ,i have looked on irish rail freight  site but since i last looked which would be a year or two back . the wagons section has got a lot smaller . no box vans or tanks etc so i guess i need to do some more looking  

On 31/08/2019 at 18:41, kevo said:

Thanks  glad you like it . i am really not sure what wagons i could use or get a way with . may be fertiliiser or even cement as the silo could have multipurpose use . i am allso not quite up on what wagons are avaible being a novice to the irish railway scene ,i have looked on irish rail freight  site but since i last looked which would be a year or two back . the wagons section has got a lot smaller . no box vans or tanks etc so i guess i need to do some more looking  

The 141 & 181 class were basically a general workhorse go anywhere locomotive that hauled all classes of passenger and goods traffic on the CIE/Irish Rail system and also worked cross border and freight traffic from the Republic into Northern Ireland.  

161 is in the post 1972 "Supertrain" era livery the SA suffix places the loco into the early 1980s when individual wagon load traffic had ceased and freight was conveyed in fixed formation Liner Trains. General freight was transported mainly in ISO containers and swap bodies on flat wagons in scheduled Liner Trains, dedicated  Company Trains operated to transport commodities such as cement fertiliser, and oil.

Irish Railway Models  https://irishrailwaymodels.com/ range of wagons basically cover the Liner Train era

Provincial Wagons http://www.provincialwagons.com/ basically cover the traditional wagon load era that ended in the late 1970s

Edited by John M
  • Like 1

Thanks John for the info  thats really interesting . especially regards  when individual wagon loads  stopped . i mainly like  1970's through to 1980's so known ing now my 141 is 1970's post  super train livery  helps . probly my most favorite loco is the C class in i think as you say the 1970's livery 23_10.93_Carrick-on-Suir_231_(6033165179).jpg.7c8aff3c98663166c9606a81809c888c.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Hi all it was some time a go that i placed a few pics of my 141 loco on a layout project  that i was building at the time . well in the end the layout got scrapped  but i did  save all the buildings and it got recycled  in to box file  so even tho  it looks more or less the same  its shrunk  :blink: but the same loco have ing ( pretend ) been in traffic for a number of years is now in a sorry state  but still rumberling on hope you like it :imsohappy:

20210418_101616.jpg

20210418_101506.jpg

20210418_101528.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

Thanks Kirley  kind of you to say that  . over the last few years ive  mainly only built small or micro layouts as any thing longer than 3-4 feet i end up never finishing  . i may have another go at a layout i did build  some time ago iit was based on a side ing that run to a off loading shed  for some military fire ing ranges set on the edge of  marsh  land. here is a couple of pics

SS850732.JPG

SS850731.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all  i originally intended my micro layout to be based around a cornish china clay works but as normal with me my interest  in  other regions creeps in and as a result i am now back in to irish railways  so i have decided  that  it will  have to adapt to all my needs so i thought on the lines of a come Fertiliser  come gypsum and pos cement  theam  if that makes sence . i have just recived  my batch of  irish railway models  hopper wagons  and i have to say they are excellent and a pack 8x pallets of bagged fertiliser from the same seller . i was hope ing 2 get some cement  bubbles but all gone and same with the fertiliser wagons  . so ile just have to be patient any way hope you like progress so far . there is still work to be done . more pics to follow .:imsohappy:

20210502_103620.jpg

20210502_103526.jpg

20210502_103557.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

thanks  Kirley . considering  that nearly  all the buildings  came  from my original  layout  it was a case of what i could squeeze in to a boxfile 

• Like 1