Yew Tree Lane
Poynton
Cheshire
SK12 1PU

Saturday 14th September – 10am – 5pm
Sunday 15th Septhember – 10am – 4.30pm

Free parking

Full disabled access

Catering: 9.30am – 3.30pm daily Hot bacon baps, fresh sandwiches, confectionery, cakes, hot and cold drinks
Ample public seating

Adults £7.50 (each – prices held for second year)

Uniform ID UK Forces & Service Personnel £6.00 (each)

Adult accompanied under 16’s free
(NB. Maximum 2 per adult)

£4.00 after 4pm (NB. Per person on Saturday only, under 16’s remain free)

We accept CARD PAYMENT for Entry ONLY but not for catering or second hand sales. We do not accept cheques.

MODEL RAILWAYS

·         35th scale Narrow Gauge

Q Dump, First World War, War department light railway near Arras in northern France.

·         7mm Broad Gauge

The Parlour Railway. An Edwardian gentlemen’s test track, 1848 to 1920 GWR (NB: first outing!)

·         ON30

GKN, North American rabbit warren layout (NB: first outing for the extended version of this layout under construction!).

·         ON30

Karolina Falls, north American railroading set in the 1970’s and 1980’s (NB: first outing in the North West!).

·         7mm Narrow Gauge

Hadley, Stonybrook and Swale, late 1940’s

·         7mm Narrow Gauge

Calstocks Halton Quay, 16.5mm Narrow Gauge layout based on the new quay at Halton Quay(NB:first outing in the North-West)

·         6mm Narrow Gauge

Royal Gunpowder Mills, C-1917

·         1/76th

Moyenmoutier. 16.5mm narrow gauge French railways C- 1945 to 1970

·         OO

East Pool, BR western region action between 1955 and 1965.

·         OO

Rovex Reborn, working display of model railways from yesteryear

·         OO

Derbyshire-LMS branch line terminus

·         OO

Bermuda Road. L&Y Border 1960’s BR MPD & DMTD

·         OO

Clayton End Signalmen, north of England 1950’s to 1970’s and 1990’s to 2000’s.

·         OO

Tal y Wain Locomotive shed set in the 1960’s and 1970’s.

·         OO

Dent, model of this well known location on the Settle and Carlisle set during the 1960’s.

·         OO

kids ‘Triang Railways’ have a go layout (John Loydd).

·         HO

German – Winziges Industriegebiet. Late 1960 German state railways.

·         Hoe

Ulvaryd Strand, OO9 C-1940’s to 1950’s.

·         TT3

Cley-next-the-sea, 1970’s

·         N

Headingly, model of teh West Yorkshire towns station as seen in the 1960’s.

·         N

Tunnley Marsh, late 1950’s.

·         N Fine scale

Aston Magna. Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire GWR branch line. NB: THIS IS ASTON’S LAST EXHIBITION!

·         N

Bridgeford, LMS late 1930’s

·         N

Ballykeale, C- 1985 to 2000’s

·         N

Nedwood, green diesel action set in the 1950’s.

DEMONSTRATIONS AND SOCIETEY STANDS

·         John Loydd

Using scatters, flock and ballasting demonstration.Adjacent to Green scene tradestand

·         Rupert Brown

Designing and prototyping rolling stock models.

·         Derek Mundy

7mm scale semaphore signalling demonstartion.

·         Brian Davies

1/76th Scratch building wagon loads.

·         Chris Hewitt

1/76th Resin Casting Demonstration.

·         Andy Clayton

1/76th EM Gauge model railway construction inc examples of locomotives and rolling stock.

·         John Ireland / 2mm Scale Association

Fine scale modelling at 1:152nd scale, society information and modelling demonstration

·         Dovedale Models

Architectural and scenic modelling in Das clay.

·         Graham Beckwith

1/43rd 7mm modelling and Figure painting demonstration.

·         3mm Scale Association

1/100th Scale railway modelling support group. Society stand and modelling demonstration.

·         DEMU

Multi scale diesel and electric railway modelling support group. Society stand and modelling demonstration.

·         Broad Gauge Association

Association publicity and sales stand.

·         Wensleydale Railway Association.

Publicity stand.

·         Association of Larger Scale Railway Modellers

Association and modelling information stand.

TRADE STANDS

·         Bill Hudson transport Books

New railway books.

·         Green Scene

Manufacturer of scenic materials.

·         Stephenson Carriages and Millholme Models

4mm scale railway parts and kit manufacturer.

·         Culceth Model Railways

New and used model railways.

·         Powerbond

Adhesives demonstrataion and sales.

·         SMTF

Garden and model railway, collectables, railway books, buses and cars.

·         Art Master

Model makers brushes.

·         Skytrex

O and OO resin and white metal building accessories.

·         GM Transport books

New and used books and DVD’s, mainly railways also buses and trams.

·         Tower Collection

Pre owned 7mm railways.

·         Triang Society

Period trains sales stand

·         Poynton Railway Modellers

Members second hand sales stand.

·         Sweets of Yesteryear

Toffee, fudge and traditional sweets from a bygone age.

·         French Connection

NB. FROM 9AM – 3.30PM EACH DAY!

Sweet & savoury crepes, including a variety of vegetarian options. Hot bacon and sausage baguettes, all with tasty extras. Wide range of cold filled baguettes. All our freshly cooked food is complimented by a selection of hot & cold drinks and a variety of home-made cakes”. Located by the building front entrance, with adjacent rest room including ample seating and tables.

We also have our 'three smaller rooms' of alternate modelling content including, Plastic Kit, diorama, Road Transport, Large scale Maritime and Aircraft modelling and War-gaming.

Edited by Long Line
alterations to content
  • Like 1

Apologies for the delay this year in posting our show content, entirely due to the huge number of changes we've been faced with due to all manner of reason.

At this time we accordingly still have room for a couple of not too large! layouts and a trader, especially a tools and modelling materials one!

One layout needs to be a 'travel each day in your own vehicle' example and for the other from further afield (approx-over an hour each way) we still have one DOUBLE! hotel room available on the fri/sat eve's for a layout 'not requiring van hire or ferries etc' for either a couple? a single person? or two guys that get on well LOL :drink_mini:....

any takers or suggestions will be looked upon with glee

I can be contacted here or more directly through our website at themodelshow.co.uk

cheers Mark

We've concluded this years content now, so our opening post has been amended accordingly.

Many thanks to all those that have stepped in late in the day, besides everyone else who's committed themselves.. all that's needed now is to put it all together in an orderly manner lol!

cheers

mark

• Like 1

Just returned from Steam Swindon's model railway festival where a gang of us have  been  assisting set up, providing wiring and cloths, then demonstrating and layout assisting as needed over a long and beer fueled 4 days lol...a good sleep now before we begin the build up to next weekend's activities...

Cheers and hopefully see some of you over the weekend?

• Like 3

One late trade entry... Railway Memorabilia Shop.

Please be advised that some roads in Woodford and Hazel Grove will be closed on Saturday around mid-morning til lunchtime, for the Tour of Britain cycle race passing through the area. During this period we advise if: coming from the north or west to approach Poynton via the A555 (airport east link road) then A523. If approaching from the south or east to use the A523 from Macclesfield. We anticipate this disruption to only be for a couple of hours!

Cheers

• Informative/Useful 2

I shall be there again this year, by kind invitation.

I'll be demoing how I go about in my limited skills way, how to detail/build/modify Diesels and be showing locos plus stock ( inc latest completed stuff ) for Glasgow Queen St in EM gauge.

If you've not been to this show before, it is WELL worth the effort in going - there is plenty to see and do and reflects the Herculean effort put in by the organising team ( not me! )

cheers

Andy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well here we go again... another very late finish table making for some last minute bookings last night and stand pack printing since early today.

Today we collect the stewards and kit from afar in advance of Friday!

Exhibition managers worst nightmare this year as cancellations have forced me to enter my own layout Aston Magna, the new roundy-roundy variant of which is way too much work for a quick assembly last job Friday eve, so  its returning for one last showing in the end to-end-style. So after polishing the bar and preparing in advance of Saturdays post show beverage this morning i'll have to find whats left of the end tables and notice boards etc and replace the bits that have already gone up the chimney!!  oh and i should probably sort out some stock and locos!!

all good fun 

FB_IMG_1479665671959.jpg

A huge thank you to everyone today. .. We're 1/3rd up on sat last year and have received some generous feedback.  A relaxing evening is now being enjoyed by a bunch of guys and gals that are stars. Eat drink and be merry, youve done a great job.  Story to be continued tomorrow morning. 

20190914_175432.jpg

• Like 2

I had to deliver my son to University medical school on Saturday. Quick check of the modeller and there were three shows on in the area, Romily, Shipley and Poynton. Poynton won and I had a great couple of hours, once I had found it ( a few direction signs would have helped). I kept going back to the layout with real water. Outstanding. Bought a couple of coach kits from Stevenson Carriages. Totally unexpected end to the day. 

Mike Wiltshire

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, LaGrange said:

Briefly and unexpectedly made it to the show on Saturday for an hour (thanks mainly to the big signs in the village), a nice show and well put together - apart from the stand numbers not being in order which would have confused a few people. Thanks for the chats @BigAndy and @70000 Britannia

Good to see you and have a chat.  I hope you (both) enjoyed the rest of your weekend.

• Like 1

Many thanks to everyone who came in whatever capacity and for all your comments support and feedback. We we're up 21% on last year so very pleased and are looking forwards to the challenges of our next event.  A new website is coming soon at railexpoynton.co.uk which will give the details of what we can do on 5th & 6th September 2020 with an extended and improved venue!

Cheers on behalf of a long list of tired boys and girls.

Edited by Long Line
error in figures qouted
  • Like 2