All new RTR PHA/JGA Bogie Hopper wagon

Grimleygrid

OO PHA/JGA:

This model is currently at the design stage of the process.

We would like to pass on our sincere thanks to the staff at Aggregate Industries’ Bardon Hill quarry for allowing us to visit the sidings and conduct further on site research. This visit has proved very useful and now completes the research stage of the process.

Following a recent visit to Bardon Hill, the design stage of the process will now progress at pace. We hope to have this stage of the process completed over the next few months. Further updates will be provided in due course.

IMG_0623.jpg.1ecaa3fb203f0ad73c5787d61882b105.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg.6658fa6847bad680455263f066edc08d.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg.c19061bd5b01d0ef8fe5019d6de1e3ce.jpg

• Like 7

Great choice.

I’m glad the cat is out of the bag (again) as I saw a post on here ? Twitter ? About a month ago.... which was swiftly deleted.

i didn’t want to ask questions in case it spoilt the surprise factor....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking brilliant. Are you able to give any information on whether there is going to be any form of bundle packs and how many different running numbers are you aiming to release? And also, what is going to be the price tag? 

many thanks in advance :good:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Shoey said:

Looking brilliant. Are you able to give any information on whether there is going to be any form of bundle packs and how many different running numbers are you aiming to release? And also, what is going to be the price tag? 

many thanks in advance :good:

Good evening Shoey,

Many thanks, we are very pleased with how the design is coming along.

We have not finalised the liveries, running numbers, packs, or the price as yet. However, we hope to provide more information soon when we provide the next update once the design stage of the process has been completed.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Good evening Shoey,

Many thanks, we are very pleased with how the design is coming along.

We have not finalised the liveries, running numbers, packs, or the price as yet. However, we hope to provide more information soon when we provide the next update once the design stage of the process has been completed.

Hope that helps.

Thats great, thank you very much. I’ve just come across these 2 videos whilst browsing YouTube. Newton Abbot is my local station and the set coming out of Plymouth would have ran through Newton Abbot too so it’s safe to say I’ll be ordering a few ;)

I look forward to more updates in the near future.

*edit: Just noticed the wagons departing Plymouth are a different type of wagon aren’t they?? :scratchhead:

Edited by Shoey

2 hours ago, Shoey said:

Thats great, thank you very much. I’ve just come across these 2 videos whilst browsing YouTube. Newton Abbot is my local station and the set coming out of Plymouth would have ran through Newton Abbot too so it’s safe to say I’ll be ordering a few ;)

I look forward to more updates in the near future.

*edit: Just noticed the wagons departing Plymouth are a different type of wagon aren’t they?? :scratchhead:

You are correct the wagons in the video at Plymouth are a different version to the ones that we are looking to produce. These were the first batch built between 1986 and 1988 by WH Davis and have the continuous solebar with the weight-reducing cutouts.

21114832619_3855df3fd2_b.jpg17104 Kettering 110815 by Dan Adkins, on Flickr

The version that we are modelling were also built by W H Davis and delivered in 1990, a slightly different design with plain solebars, the hopper actuators in a more prominent position and cast Y25 bogies. The original batch had fabricated Y25 bogies.

21301540485_5ea0a6b850_b.jpg17138 Kettering 110815 by Dan Adkins, on Flickr

The two versions have run together.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 16/12/2019 at 06:09, Shoey said:

Can anybody confirm if the wagons being produced are the same as in this photo please. Thanks in advance.

20B48983-8554-4CF7-8D06-86D0195BC8E8.jpeg

I dont believe so, as mentioned these are the earlier batch and very noticeably different. This shows the difference. The one on the right is being modelled https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bardonpha/e2c4f8e67

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

4c55b350-4d77-4e3b-af8f-a3fe46a9460b.jpg.5a85db4e3ba1ae7294e43c267081123e.jpg

The design work for our Bardon Hill PHA/JGA bogie stone wagon is edging ever closer. Look at for a full update at the end of the month with details on price and how to preorder. Thanks to everyone who continues to support our forthcoming projects.

• Like 9