Is there anyone out there who wants to sell any Chinese HO?

TEAMYAKIMA

MG Sharp of Sheffield had quite a lot of Bachmann Chinese stock (and other foreign models) before it closed/became an eBay motor parts warehouse.

I suspect they may still have it, if you gave them a ring you might be able to make some sort of deal. 

However I see from the Old MG Sharp thread that you already know of them...

12 hours ago, Talltim said:

MG Sharp of Sheffield had quite a lot of Bachmann Chinese stock (and other foreign models) before it closed/became an eBay motor parts warehouse.

I suspect they may still have it, if you gave them a ring you might be able to make some sort of deal. 

However I see from the Old MG Sharp thread that you already know of them...

Yes, I bought some tank cars off him a few years back and TBH I think it very unlikely that he would still have anything I want, but it's worth a try - anyone got contact details for Ken?

On 05/09/2019 at 12:42, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Yes, I bought some tank cars off him a few years back and TBH I think it very unlikely that he would still have anything I want, but it's worth a try - anyone got contact details for Ken?

eBay seller x4mgs153-mk2

• RMweb Gold

Ive got a random collection of Bachmann boxcars.

I've been on the fence of keeping them.

i have a QJ too, but mazak got it (i’m hoping the guy in the US who 3D printed a new chassis might someday share his design).

ive a bunch of other locos df4d, df11, zsr etc but i’ll probably hang onto them.

Edited by adb968008

Thanks for the suggestions so far - I originally had two specific 'targets' and I have tracked down Ken from MGS and found one of them - an S12 caboose - that's seven of them I've got now!

The only other one I'm really targeting is a type 22 XL baggage in dark green with bright green lining - there was one on ebay six months ago and I stupidly under-bid on it!

That said anyone with Chinese HO to get rid of can always contact me - black tank cars is another 'target'. BTW here's an early photo of the layout it would be going on ….

DSC_0193.JPG.5079d63ee444f0beb14ab0be7df06a1c.JPG

• Like 3

I like the look of the layout above.

I'm one of those who bought a few things a few years ago - nearly 20! The first two DF11s and Roco's KCRC 460. Maybe one day I'll find some coaches on Ebay, but there doesn't seem to be much about - and the prices Bachmann asked for them seemed a little steep at the time Bachmann Europe's website listed them.

Maybe one day.............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just remembered this thread I started last year.

I have most things now - EXCEPT ……………….

Bachmann YW hard class sleepers both 25G (red/grey) and 25K (blue/white) wanted if anyone has either which they would like to sell please contact me with a PM

Here is a recent video of the layout taken at Warley 2019. One of the biggest problems I have is that I can only run the layout at exhibitions and running problems only surface when the whole layout can be run continuously and that can only happen at exhibitions where we cannot 'stop everything' and look into problems.

Warley was a big learning curve for me and my team and many problems came to light - so I worked every day from Warley to correct all the faults/weaknesses we found back in November 2019. Our next show (Aly Paly 2020) was going to be PERFECT!  

But Aly Paly and our next show (Railex) have both been cancelled.

Anyway here is the layout as it was at Warley 4 months ago with all its weaknesses on show!

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I only spotted one "weakness", a malfunctioning level crossing. The rest is brilliant.

Yes, that is a typical problem we have when I referenced that I cannot run the layout at home - it's just too big!.

That line is bi-directional and the level crossing is controlled by some electronics fed by an IRDOT  either side. I can set up the 3 boards in question and I have done so in my shed - and the level crossing works 100% every time - get to a show and it misbehaves with the barriers down all the time and then periodically they go 'UP' followed immediately by 'DOWN'.

It's difficult to deal with a problem like that which only shows itself at exhibitions - because at exhibitions we need to just keep trains running - and back home there is no problem!

We originally thought it was stray infra-red light at exhibition venues confusing the IRDOT's but we now have a new possible reason for what's happening but again we can only tell if we're correct when we get to the next show!

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA