It's the Great Central, Charlie Brown

As you guessed from the title of this post, I have been working on another Pre-Grouping Steam Locomotive - the Robinson O4 in its GCR days as the 8K Class!

Now, I now there already exists a model in its Great Central livery already, but I am enjoying the challenge. What better choice of engine from said-company of said-era to accomapny another potential purchase, the Bachmann D11 in GCR days as well as GCR coaching stock! I'll be planning on a GCR brake van to go with the freight rolling stock of the day sometime in the future to go with my collection of Pre-Grouping Trains (I know I only focus on stuff from 1890 to 1910, but I have been making some exceptions and am adding in more Pre-Grouping stock up to 1920 so maybe I could change my username to LNWR18901920 or something like that).

Expect pictures soon!

Edited by LNWR18901910
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2019 at 02:43, LNWR18901910 said:

As you guessed from the title of this post, I have been working on another Pre-Grouping Steam Locomotive - the Robinson O4 in its GCR days as the 8K Class!

Now, I now there already exists a model in its Great Central livery already, but I am enjoying the challenge. What better choice of engine from said-company of said-era to accomapny another potential purchase, the Bachmann D11 in GCR days as well as GCR coaching stock! I'll be planning on a GCR brake van to go with the freight rolling stock of the day sometime in the future to go with my collection of Pre-Grouping Trains (I know I only focus on stuff from 1890 to 1910, but I have been making some exceptions and am adding in more Pre-Grouping stock up to 1920 so maybe I could change my username to LNWR18901920 or something like that).

Expect pictures soon!

Don't forget the D11s were all built in the 1920s apart from the first one which was completed in December 1919.

So you may have to extend your upper limit a bit. ;) 

Jason

• 1 year later...

Took ages to work oout what you did to the tender on butler henderson to make it sit alot better than the supplied one.  I shamelessly borrowed the idea with a spare triang L1 chassis to match the loco chassis, now it all sits a bit more level. So many thanks for posting the pictures. Still alot of work to do on mine but an enjoyable evening and more productive than rubbish TV.

IMG20210705005012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1